Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Engine Room Insight

I do have a question for you guys, what color is your engine room. I am installing new florescent light and will be repainting. I have not decided to go with all white, or gray stringers and floor, with white walls and engines. So what does yours look like, I need your suggestions.

Thanks
    Brooks

Re: Engine Room Insight

White's best, if you have the time and energy to do it.

White is best for visibility in low light areas. White will show most fluid leaks better than darker colors. I also think it gives the ER a much cleaner look. That being said it is a bit of work to change to white if your ER is gray already.
    Jack Sardina

White...... you will not be disappointed.

Mine was a beige tinged white. Did it in a high gloss bright white. Love it.

White. Engines too.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Here, let me pile on. I changed my genny room from battleship gray to bright white and it was like I put stage lights in there from a visibility standpoint without ever twisting a lightbulb. One day, I hope to find time to do the same for my ERs.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

We have had all white in all the boat prior. I just have been looking at pics in the internet of ideas. I am installing florescent light that will run off the generator or shore power for major work and still have the 24v for underway. I am thinking of white and putting dridek mat to break up the color. Currently trying to organize the room and prep for this clean up.

Bright white engine rooms are twice as big.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

They also seem cooler. This is a complete illusion, because if anything the white walls reflect more heat back at you. But- go figure- they seem cooler. No explanation for it.

They do look better, and if kept clean, I think they enhance the value of the boat. Not that any of us care much on that.