Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Salty Dog - Our 4 Legged Mariners

Looks like Skipper is admiring the brightwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by captddis View Post
    Looks like Skipper is admiring the brightwork!!
    Or a 4 legged gal.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan B2 View Post
    This is Travis, a five year old Australian Sheppard mix. He was named after the 1960s John McDonald character Travis McGee that jimmy buffet mentions in song. Travis loves the boat and has made every voyage with us.
    Great shot I can hear the dog now, "But dad I just wanted to go for a boat ride! I thought you were working late tonight."
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Are 3 Legged mates permitted?
    Absolutely! To me, "broken" is best, meaning - those in shelters or at animal control who are considered unadoptable, such as the sick, blind, deformed, and old, are the best ones, and I love them the most. They have no idea they are any different from the rest, and in reality, they are not - they are the same.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Our first mate Sasha, she is in charge of on board exercise on passages! Note the red ball she is
    obsessed with.
    Attached Images

Great thread, so I'll throw in something a little different. I'm a cat person. It still hurts to go through the photos, but I came up with one. This is Tom, my blind cat. He was with me for over 20 years until 7:45 a.m. on December 11, 2013 when he passed away naturally, on the boat, in my arms after I had held him for 40 hours straight. Never having had children, Tom was my son in every sense. His passing killed me.

Tom-resized.JPG

Due to potential guest allergies on the boat, I've chosen not to have another animal living on the boat for now. Instead, I sponsor a cat, Tiffany, who lives in her forever home at the Blind Cat Rescue & Sanctuary in St. Pauls, NC. She's just one of the 93 cats there. I get to watch her on Mondays on the ustream webcam, and on the daily tours they do twice a day. Ironically, she was rescued from the streets of Miami, FL. I am going up there in a couple of weeks to meet her and all of her brothers and sisters, and to participate in a charity event to benefit the cats. I also do short term foster for rescued cats and am a "conductor" on Underground Railroad Rescued Kitty Network - I help in transporting rescues to their forever homes when one comes through Miami or originates/terminates here. Until now, I've never been without a cat for more than about a couple of months, so this is the best I can do at the present time. At least I get some comfort in sponsoring Tiffany and helping the others who pass by my feet. At some point way down the road when I can have a cat again, I will adopt one who is "broken" - one who has been rendered homeless due to sickness, deformity, age, blindness, a positive FELV or FIV status, or otherwise.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Hi All,

Ang, thank you for reaching back to a painful time to add to our thread, I appreciate it. Your work withe broken and the homeless is so important. You'll always hold Tom and all your moments together in your heart.

I can't imagine losing Bella, the thought of it makes me sad. Our son is grown now with 2 kids of his own, so Bella has become the recipient of our nurturing and love. It's her loving nature and personality that pulls you right in. No one could ever convince me that our animals don't have a spirit, and that they don't feel love or cry or dream or feel sadness or love you back.

Cruelty to animals I believe is, as many ugly things are, born from the self loathing and anger, and misery of humans.
    Last edited by lumina; 07-23-2014 at 10:47 PM.
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four

Tom had excellent taste in boats and friends as well.

Belle.jpgRex.jpg

The poodle on the chair was Rex, he lived to be 17 and loved the boat. The puppy is Belle, she is 8 months old and the princess of the dock.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Great thread, so I'll throw in something a little different. I'm a cat person. It still hurts to go through the photos, but I came up with one. This is Tom, my blind cat. He was with me for over 20 years until 7:45 a.m. on December 11, 2013 when he passed away naturally, on the boat, in my arms after I had held him for 40 hours straight. Never having had children, Tom was my son in every sense. His passing killed me.

Attachment 15635

Due to potential guest allergies on the boat, I've chosen not to have another animal living on the boat for now. Instead, I sponsor a cat, Tiffany, who lives in her forever home at the Blind Cat Rescue & Sanctuary in St. Pauls, NC. She's just one of the 93 cats there. I get to watch her on Mondays on the ustream webcam, and on the daily tours they do twice a day. Ironically, she was rescued from the streets of Miami, FL. I am going up there in a couple of weeks to meet her and all of her brothers and sisters, and to participate in a charity event to benefit the cats. I also do short term foster for rescued cats and am a "conductor" on Underground Railroad Rescued Kitty Network - I help in transporting rescues to their forever homes when one comes through Miami or originates/terminates here. Until now, I've never been without a cat for more than about a couple of months, so this is the best I can do at the present time. At least I get some comfort in sponsoring Tiffany and helping the others who pass by my feet. At some point way down the road when I can have a cat again, I will adopt one who is "broken" - one who has been rendered homeless due to sickness, deformity, age, blindness, a positive FELV or FIV status, or otherwise.
    Amazing Angela. Our PeekaPoo Elmo passed away on Dec 11, 2013 at 8:45 am. That was a tough day. Swore I was too old to get another puppy and now Baxter has entered our life and made boating more enjoyable. He's now 5 months old. I know you miss your friend, but he will always be there in your heart looking over your shoulder.

ART_7007.jpg
    Art