Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Re: 53c like no other

I use Cukote in the Chesapeake and the previous job lasted five years, hauling in the winter for 3-4 months. We just touch up the top of the waterline. On the metal parts, Barnacle Buster which works okay but not as good as Cukote.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    I use Cukote in the Chesapeake and the previous job lasted five years, hauling in the winter for 3-4 months. We just touch up the top of the waterline. On the metal parts, Barnacle Buster which works okay but not as good as Cukote.
    Jim,
    Any thought as to the ablative aspect not holding up to the regular 20+ knots? I had her painted at Cable in Lauderdale. Took her to Palm Beach. 3 weeks later I had lost two knots. Never got it back, never a clean bottom. Divers regularly reported all clean, but you can see the fur coat in the photos.
    Last edited by rtrafford; 08-23-2015 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rtrafford View Post
    Last haul was Seahawk Cukote. I had growth within weeks, despite the amount of use. Was never able to maintain performance. First round was their export product, and I had no issues for 5 years.

Crew has the boat set up, and soda blasting commences Monday morning.
    Cucoat is not an equivalent to micron 66. I'm on a very bad area for fouling and we only use micron 66 unless forced to use other ablative like ultima. No one here uses Cucoat more than once. It's not for this area.

If micron is applied correctly you should not have these issues. How my coats did they put on?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I'd need to revisit the invoicing, but my recollection was two coats atop the old SeaHawk.

Quote Originally Posted by rtrafford View Post
    Jim,
    Any thought as to the ablative aspect not holding up to the regular 20+ knots? I had her painted at Cable in Lauderdale. Took her to Palm Beach. 3 weeks later I had lost two knots. Never got it back, never a clean bottom. Divers regularly reported all clean, but you can see the fur coat in the photos.
    Every SF I know of uses ablative paints and most of them cruise in the 30kt+ range
    Jack Sardina

CuKote seems fine up here. It is not fine in FL, that's pretty evident. We have fouling up here, but not like you all do.

Here it stays clean, polishes itself, and no speed loss that I can tell.

I put the Cukote on in Florida. It fouled quickly. I brought the boat to the LI Sound, and I never could keep her clean.

I watch the club's yard haul boats throughout the year. I don't see a lot of success in limiting growth with any of the paints being used. Divers are in the marina daily. They have a terrific business model......