Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

53c like no other

Tempted to shop Miss Fit and begin my next project on a larger scale.

Not an easy decision.

Re: 53c like no other

Particularly when you find out how little she'll bring compared to what when in her. Are you looking to move up or down in size?
    Jack Sardina

I have no illusions about the ROI. I did what I did for the love of the project and the passion for the outcome. All emotion, all quality. I'd do it again. That's what life is all about.

I'm thinking bigger. Early in the process, however. My mind isn't made up, and moving on will be difficult. She's a beauty and a beast in the open waters.

Post some pics and info on the finished project. I remember when you started it but don't recall seeing the finished boat. Post some details with a price you think you'd be happy with and go from there.
    Jack Sardina

I would love to see her finished. The 53 is a favorite and would fit me nicely. Please share pics, etc!
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)

I'll get some fresh interior photos. I created a 2/2 layout with a galley half down and half up...wanted a large, open living area. She's really an amazing gal. Ward's Marine did all of the electrical work. All Raymarine gear aboard. All of the bells and whistles.

it's really an odd place to be...don't need to sell. Don't really want to sell. But I would like to go larger...so I'll keep thinking on it...

Whats below the floor? original power or did you update that too.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

All new. 3406E-800 Cats with Twin Disc gears, all new running gear, struts, rudders, etc. 20 KW Northern Lights genset. Rebuilt engine room stringers, new bulkheads throughout. 1100 gal fuel, 250 water, 100 black. Bow thruster, windlass, everything new stem to stern.

This is not your typical "rebuild". I was able to find everything that went wrong with this boat, this design over the years and correct it (like the 3/4" intermediate bulkheads that were originally fit tightly to the hull and tabbed in causing flex and cracking). I shifted all weight down using plenty of NidaCore, and picked out and implemented what I considered to be the very best features of Viking, Hatteras, and Sculley...every inch of wire and plumbing is brand new.

First trip out landed a 65 pound bull. Second trip featured a 50+ pound sail. Third trip was multiple sword. Raising fish required me to add cockpit fish boxes from Tom Slane to avoid the coolers. She's toured me through the Bahamas and now up to Long Island to chase some tuna.

I've had her in nasty conditions, and there's nothing like the comfort of knowing what's under your feet. This boat will always be the best I have ever owned and operated. She's a dream to maneuver, easy to cruise.