I will comment only in terms of actual exposure.

I was on a Bertram for the first time last summer at Mack City, MI, which was a 46' MY. The owner was both a perfectionist and had a good for esthetics and general layout. The had performed a major redo of the interior. At at rate, it showed extremely well and had DD 8V92's, so had to be fast...I think he said cruise 20-21Kt, top 25-26Kt. That was a nice boat, indeed.

But several years before that, I was able to view a Hatt and Bert side by side and look in the engine room. The first thing that caught my eye in the Bert were the wooden stringers, and I remarked to the first mate, "...just like our 40' foot Chris Craft...", which was full wood construction. (Now have 43' Hatt MY).

Having now had the Hatt's fully fiberglas stringers over foam (which these posts have indicated the foam was only to act as molds, while the the fiberglas stringers were installed), I would much prefer the Hatt, base on construction.

Also, in strictly outward appearance, I believe the Trumpy inspired 53' Hatt MY series is the most beautiful yacht in that general size range of any such craft for any period of time. None of the new CAD designed boats are nearly as attractive, IMHO.