Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

need to find replacement flag staff.

we have 1967 34c. lost the wood flag pole yesterday along with the american flag. I believe this to be the original one, double taper mahogany pole about 3.5' long. any ideas where to find one like it?

Re: need to find replacement flag staff.

Our 6 foot mahogany flag staff and flag were lost in heavy winds on Lake Erie. I replaced it with a stainless steel one from Sam's. Looks great is stronger, chaeper and doesn't require refinishing. Give Steve McPhereson a call.

DC

I have a very limited number of solid mahogany original-style flagstaffs which were made about two years ago. Like you, I lost the original one from Blue Note overboard and didn't know it was gone until it was too late. I borrowed David Sommers' flagstaff from Akyla and had it copied at Tom Slane's shop. One of those is on Blue Note now- but not when she's running. It's a display item only, I don't want to lose another one overboard.
    I think I had six total made; the reason for that was that the mahogany board that I got would yield six of them, so I had them use all the wood that was there.
    If you are interested in one of these, let me know: send me a PM. (or email is jimbo1907 "at" comcast "dot" net) I am not sure what I have in them each, but will figure it out. They are varnished but you will have to supply the screw eyes for the pennant, and also turn down the stub at the end to put a piece of stainless tubing on so that the staff will fit into the flagstaff socket on the cockpit coaming. (I think I used regular 1" stainless tubing from a bimini top support scrap.) I can also do all that but it will take longer and cost more. It's cheaper if you do it. Plus, you are guaranteed it will fit your boat if you fit it yourself.

Both my bow and stern flagstaffs were loose in that chrome fitting at the base. I took them apart and epoxied the trim ring back on so that they could not wobble around anymore. I think this is the main cause of them working their way out of the holder and into the water while underway.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I have one you can have, happy holidays!!! Shoot me a PM and I'll send it to you for the cost of shipping.
    JW

BANSHEE, I tried to send you a PM, not done that before so not sure you got it.

You may contact me at
    shierh@aol.com

thanks Steve Hierholzer