That about says it, really.....I'll add this: deep-V boats run a little faster (less wetted area maybe? not sure). Also the added luxury and quality in a Hatteras adds weight- thicker laminates, more wood, etc. Weight is the enemy of speed in a planing-hulled boat. Hatteras interiors, with rare exception, have always been nicer than Bertrams. That is less an issue of quality than a matter of esthetics and priorities, but damn, Bertram has built some ugly-looking interiors. Ouch. And they aren't roomy boats as mentioned above.
An interesting sidelight: one of the things that has all but disappeared from the boating press is direct comparison tests of boats in the size range in which we are interested. The last direct Bertram-Hatteras comparison I can recall was in PBR and that was many years ago. Several things are, I think, responsible for this:
-the boats cost so much that there aren't a lot of them around for journals to look at. They are worth too much to have around as demos. They get sold instead.
-the boating journals, with occasional exceptions, depend heavily on ad dollars so they are not willing to write realistically and frankly about new boats. They all look great in the test articles. Sure, they'll find some small thing to carp about (" the location of the paper towel rack in the galley could be improved") but overall it's a love fest. Well, you know, we all look good when we're fresh out of the mold and all polished up. Hell, we probably did too.
-the journals that do perform comparison tests are very few, and they do them on smaller boats only. PBR is an example.

What we really DO need in recreational boating is a source of accurate comparison info about used boats. Chesapeake Bay Magazine does this with short articles on classic boats, both power and sail. But their circulation is limited and their influence regional. I can't recall seeing anything like this in Soundings, but my memory may be flawed here. Review articles about various hull designs wouldn't be bad either. For example some of the questions above about different kinds of planing hulls have been addressed over the years in review articles of that kind.