Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Point in Time 58my?

The aft deck seems to have tank holders on the sides. Possibly a diver was involved with her at one time?

Re: Point in Time 58my

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Childress View Post
    The Salon counters are all made from Cats Eye semi-precious stones (jewelry grade)that, at the time of purchase , were about 8k per raw sheet(not installed). Three sheets were utilized in the interior. They are very obvious in the pictures and u tube representations.
    Ron, I re-read my post and realize how obnoxious that sounded. I didn't mean it that way. The boat is gorgeous and I strive to make my boat, same model and year, look as good.

My point on the countertops was really meant as a surprise at the cost on my part not a criticism of it... heck I bought and installed 10k worth of teak over a year ago for installation on the transom and aft decks just because I like the look and am still finishing the job.

Again good luck with the sale, whomever ends up with her will enjoy a spectacular layout, gorgeous design and in your boats case... avoid the years of work and much treasure to bring one of these old girls up to snuff... I wish the timing had been better and I would not need to be doing headliners and varnishing interior afromosia on this rainy NY saturday.

Best,

Shawn
    Shawn
    58 MY

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Childress View Post
    Angela,
    You were instumental with your advice on my purchase of Point in Time.
    I allways leave the seats down for all the Ladies.
    My gentlemen friends all know they are required to sit, also.
    Jack Nickelson "what about Schmidt"comes to mind.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Wink Re: Point in Time 58my

Quote Originally Posted by sandspur1966 View Post
    Ron, I re-read my post and realize how obnoxious that sounded. I didn't mean it that way. The boat is gorgeous and I strive to make my boat, same model and year, look as good.

My point on the countertops was really meant as a surprise at the cost on my part not a criticism of it... heck I bought and installed 10k worth of teak over a year ago for installation on the transom and aft decks just because I like the look and am still finishing the job.

Again good luck with the sale, whomever ends up with her will enjoy a spectacular layout, gorgeous design and in your boats case... avoid the years of work and much treasure to bring one of these old girls up to snuff... I wish the timing had been better and I would not need to be doing headliners and varnishing interior afromosia on this rainy NY saturday.

Best,

Shawn
    Thank you Sir. They are wonderfull, yes.

david@nashvilleyacht.com
    View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Add as Contact Send Email View Gallery Uploads

Registered Member Join Date:Jul 2014
    I am the broker representing Point in Time, and there has been some poor communication on my part.The buyer that walked away after the visual inspection at no time complained about the condition.
    His only explanation was that the age and size intimidated him.

He is a very nice person who has not owned a boat that big and old before. He realized he did not
    have the time or ability to take care of a boat of that age and size.

He and others that have actually seen the boat have had good things to say about the condition.

I also read a post that mentioned that I said the pictures looked better than the boat. That is true, but only slightly. We hired a professional photographer and he did an excellent job.