Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
  1. Re: Good Deal??? 1990 58C

Thread cleaned up - you guys know the rules around here.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Re: Good Deal??? 1990 58C

The cranks areso long that when rebuilding and changing main bearing if not properly shimed thoes motor have the tendency to snap the crank within 200hrs of the rebuild.. if you have one that has made it 400hrs after a rebuild chances are you are gonna be allset.

It's baack.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hatteras-58-...=Fishing_Boats

I would love to hear the story as to why the first deal didn't fly.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Looks like they are more up front with this listing regarding the parts mentioned in the first one. My guess is the would be buyer walked when they found out they weren't really getting $50K in new parts.

I've never seen anybody ask for a $1,000 non-refundable deposit on an eBay auction before.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    It's baack.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hatteras-58-...=Fishing_Boats

I would love to hear the story as to why the first deal didn't fly.

The answer is that if the crank is bad, most of the time on 92's it is from spun main bearings. When the mains spin they usually take out the block[s]. Then you need to reblock it. $$$$$$$$$
    No one that I know of will try to repair then alignbore HO marine engines.

You cannot buy this without planning to rebuild both engines, and if you're planning to rebuild these, you should consider replacing them with new ones. DDEC's love to throw parts north of 1000 hours.

You can get that horsepower from smaller motors that will burn a little less fuel and hold together longer.

Quote Originally Posted by rtrafford View Post
    You cannot buy this without planning to rebuild both engines, and if you're planning to rebuild these, you should consider replacing them with new ones. DDEC's love to throw parts north of 1000 hours.

You can get that horsepower from smaller motors that will burn a little less fuel and hold together longer.
    You are correct to the tune of about 250000 + depending on engines new or rebuilt

Is it 3 or 4 staterooms?

How many people can I pick up on the trip home? I hear there's good money in that.

Will the other engine hold together if I never go faster than hull speed?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by captddis View Post
    The answer is that if the crank is bad, most of the time on 92's it is from spun main bearings. When the mains spin they usually take out the block[s]. Then you need to reblock it. $$$$$$$$$
    No one that I know of will try to repair then alignbore HO marine engines.
    They disclosed in the first ad that the crank was bad, so that shouldn't have come as any surprise. Can those engines be pulled with a boom and out the back of the salon or does the hull have to be cut?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    They disclosed in the first ad that the crank was bad, so that shouldn't have come as any surprise. Can those engines be pulled with a boom and out the back of the salon or does the hull have to be cut?
    you have to cut the deck and salon bulkhead to get them out.
    Jack Sardina