Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prime Pump

Prime Pump

Hi Guys,
    Does any member know where I can buy one of these Prime Pumps? They are 32 Volt "Oberhoffer".
    I need it urgently.
    I have one for the Port and one for Starboard.
    I use the Port regular because the generator feeds off this engine and sometime when the engine is not running and the fuel gets a bit dirty (still a small issue) then I use this pump.
    I shorted it out yesterday by continually switching it on to prime the generator because the boat has been out the water for 4 weeks getting a repaint.
    Thanks,
    Jasper
    Attached Images

Re: Prime Pump

Did you check with Depco Pump?

I have had good luck with them if I can't find something local out here in SoCal for the right price...

Just emailed them with the details.
    Thanks Hattitude.
    Regards,

I believe I have found it. "Oberdorfer"
    http://www.oberdorferpumps.com/pumps...-32-series-dc/
    It is N991-32 SERIES D.C.

I had one of those for my oil change pump; I got it from Depco. They might be able to just sell you the motor. Have you looked into getting it repaired? A starter/alternator shop may be able to do the job.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

Looks like it's a gear pump. Not really good for self priming operation. If the gears are worn it will just sit and cavitate. Probably best with the shipping costs get a new or RB and keep that one for parts
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Looks like it's a gear pump. Not really good for self priming operation. If the gears are worn it will just sit and cavitate. Probably best with the shipping costs get a new or RB and keep that one for parts
    And by the way if you're using it a lot because you're loosing prime you have a problem.

I have a diesel lift pump I would use instead. Its off a cummins 5.9 made by Carter and will draw to prime the system.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Thanks All,
    any model numbers for alternatives? This pump has been used a lot over the last 4 years. Makes changing fuel filters quick and keeps the genny running.

Cheers,
    George

Quote Originally Posted by hattitude View Post
    Did you check with Depco Pump?

I have had good luck with them if I can't find something local out here in SoCal for the right price...
    Thanks Hattitude.
    Depco beat the price for the local Aussie supplier plus delivered it quicker.
    Thanks to you all at HOF and Corey at Depco!

From Downunder,
    Cheers,
    George (Jasper)