Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hatteras Owners and the 1510 Club

Several Hatteras owners and myself have noticed how many Hatteras owners use the forums and are not members of the 1510 club. I would like to remind you folks what a great club the 1510 club is. I have been a member of the club for about three years now and have found the members to be the best bunch you could hope to find. There is a great newsletter that is always full of interesting articles as well as regular rendezvous where there is always a great turn out of members vessels. I don't want to over step the boundaries of this site by appearing to solicite members for the club. The club is a non profit group and I thought it important to remind anyone I could to consider joining. I don't profit from this post at all. Feel free to log onto www.1510club.com and check it out. There is a downloadable member application there as well. For all of you "hard to shop for" individuals out there. Why not mention a membership for Christmas?
    Thanks for your consideration.

Re: Hatteras Owners and the 1510 Club

It always appeared to me that the 1510 Club was pretty much an East Coast group. Most of the members are in the Maryland, New Jersey, New York area people and the rendesvous is usually in that area as well. If you ever get a Great Lakes branch going, though, I might be interested.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Funny you should mention that..
    we have been working hard to put aside that image...
    it is just not true..
    this coming yr ...july 2006 there will be a GREAT LAKES REND....our 1st
    details on the 1510 site
    many of us reside in the great lakes area even though my boat is in fla
    don cameron is our cruisemaster for the great lakes rend ..
    we would like to have someone offer to have one in the chicago area..
    more and ,more activities for those who chose to participate..you only get fun out of our club if participate.
    we are trying to make that easier and fun for captains and their ADMIRALS...
    ALSO...winter rend in fla ...mar 16-23rd west coast of fla ..more details later
    you can come by car or plane and still have fun..

thanks and would like to know what you would like us to offer to get you to join and participate

DOUBLE EAGLE
    Bill houttekier..VP 1510 club

The link above won't work - should be http://www.hatteras1510club.com

well, i almost hate to say this but in all honnesty i haven't found the club very useful. I joined last year, got a couple of newsletters, the club online forum has 0 traffic (and annyoing popups...)...

i guess it's nice for those in the north east where most of the members seem to be, I know that bill is trying hard to get things going in the SE... but my shcedule has prevented me from attending the SE RVs so far.

I've gotten far more "bang for the buck" right here...

It's hard to figure where the $100 a year go... sorry if i sound cheap ! :-)
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I applaud Pascal for stating what I was reluctant to say but since he did...

I agree. I thought about it when we first bought the boat. In my enthusiasm for things Hatt, I bought two Hatt sweatshirts and two Hatt jackets so I thought about the 1510 club. But I couldn't see any benefit to joining. We are not "club member" kinds of people anyway. I don't say that as a criticism of clubs, we are just anti-social!

Therefore since that club atmosphere was the primary "benefit", it didn't seem useful to me. Then again, how could anyone else possibly compete with this site! As I (and many others) said when this site was migrating over to its current iteration, I'd have no problem at all paying a subscription fee for this board.

I guess it depends on whether you like "get-togethers'....I do. I'm going to put a plug in here for our own (nonprofit!) yacht club, the Classic Yacht Club of America. We are based in the central Chesapeake Bay area, we enthusiastically welcome classic yachts, Hatteras or not, of whatever construction material. I think we have four vintage Hatts including mine, and one of the two top boats in our yearly member's judging (a voluntary activity) was an excellently kept 53MY named Top Hatt. Email me or Seaeric (also a member of this forum) if you're interested. Yes, I know this is not exactly on topic. Sorry about that.

8. Re: Hatteras Owners and the 1510 Club

Until my 43' grows up, I'm not able to join the 510 club...... sigh
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

some interesting points from you guys......
    the problem is ...you wouldn't get anything out of this forum if you didn't
    PARTICIPATE...
    THE NATIONAL REND IS IN THE CHESAPEAK AREA ...BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE THE CLUB WAS FOUNDED ....GO FIGURE
    anyway ...you miss the point by not joining and then going to a rend ..
    the mnational rend 's have many discussion group meetings and invited trade speakers and venders ..more one on one time ..many things for the wives tooo..
    I started the fla rend with a different idea and format in mind...CRUISING ...
    and time to talk with all the captains, hor douvre parties and more cruising..and boat open house to show off your stuff
    you always have more fun when you are on the boat.
    we will continue cruising again this yr in mar on the west coast of fla
    GREAT LAKES REND ..juy 2006..again cruising in mind for those that use their boats
    we are trying to be user friendly....we now have an associate membership for those who dont have a 1510 boat ...you can join if just have the interest in hatteras's...or have one of a different size...also a corporate membership for those who have business related interest..
    I do appreciate the comments.and suggestions..keep them coming
    another point to consider...if you look at how many people look and read these threads...and then compare to how many write comments on the forum
    you will find that only the 10-20% do the talking and the others enjoy the info
    BRREAK OUT... and enjoy...participate...and enjoy ..join us ...and you will enjoy what we have to offer
    Double eagle
    bill houttekier VP 1510 club

Double Eagle, Well said. Most of the 1510 guys that I'm aware of here on the Chesapeake, don't really cruise anywhere in their boats. They mainly sit on their boat at the dock and talk about it all. Yachting is a different experience if you get of the bench and into the game.