Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Northstar 6000i 10.4"

I will be replacing the Northstar 6000i 10.4 " GPS/Chartplotter/Radar/Echo Sounder in my 74 Hatteras. The unit will be sold "FOR PARTS ONLY" as it is not working properly. It is in nearly perfect cosmetic shape having been flush mounted in my pilothouse. The screen is perfect and the unit looks almost brand new. The problem is that I cannot get it to load past the "press chart button" screen. I am selling the control head only, no cables etc. If there is any interest here, I would rather sell it here than on Ebay. The price is $175 plus $25 shipping.

Re: Northstar 6000i 10.4"

Photo300.jpg301.jpgs attached (hopefully)

There is a shop in Nags Head that services these. I'll call him. I might want it if he thinks it's not a difficult fix.

Sounds good Jim. It had been working fine. Then, one day, when I went to put in a route, it just didn't work properly. When you call Nag's Head, let them know that the reason that you can't get past the chart page is because none of the buttons (function or keypad) respond with either action or sound. It sounds almost as if the processor just needs to be rebooted--but powering it on and off did not get it done.

Jim - sent you a pm.

Sold on Ebay for $275 plus $25 shipping. Still would have preferred to take less and sell to a HOF member.