Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question Re: 1976 hatters motor yacht - $25000 (panama city)

I'm in the market for a comfortable and seaworthy liveaboard, and due to my moderate canadian pension have to look at Hats from the 70's. The two vessels out of Panama City of course caught my attention; but I need some help with them.

My questions to fellow forum members, before I make the long treck from north of Toronto, are:

Is the $25000.00 1976 a scam or what? Has anybody actually seen her? Is it perhaps a fire sale?

The $39999.00 1977 I have watched on the net for a while, and she has dropped I believe from
    the $60K's. Is anybody familiar with this vessel?

Your assistance is appreciated.

Hans (Oldpilot)

Only toy: 1974 TR6

2. Re: 1976 hatters motor yacht - $25000 (panama city)

Not personally familiar with either; I can't get over there until next week, but should be able to sometime then; I'd be willing to take a drive over and see what's what.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Smile Re: 1976 hatters motor yacht - $25000 (panama city)

Very much appreciated Karl. I wonder what you will find.

Cheers,

Hans (Oldpilot)

Re: 1976 hatters motor yacht - $25000 (panama city)

Hey Hans Old Pilot
    Are you aware of the 1967 Hatteras 50 Motor Yacht in Montreal that was down to $45,000 ASK? Reported to have a blown engine but might be better than expected for the price.

Don't expect a nice Hatteras for $25,000.

Good afternoon,

The 43 in Panama City looks very interesting (don't they all)... the 53 seems to be off of craigslist now.

Genesis if you are going to go there and see this boat (even just a "drive by") I would be very interested in your impressions and opinion on what you see.

I have been poking around/looking for a while...want to liveaboard and actually use the boat. I know everything requires some work, but really am trying to avoid "a project boat".

I also believe this boat has been on the market for a while and was perhaps with a broker(?) a few years ago at at a much, much higher "ask", then dropped off yachtworld...but might not be the same boat.
    Think it was back when when there almost seemed to be no market at all for any boats and lots were still listed at unrealistic prices.

Anyway, I am in NC and VA this month so it's a pretty good drive down and back, especially if it is really a dockside disaster. Several others of interest to me now, but they are all in the opposite direction.

thanks for any info.

Dave

Hi pizzazsdaddy,

thanks for the pointer re: the Montreal 1967 Hat. She appears to be no longer available.

It will be interesting to read what Karl has to report with respect to the to Hats in Panama City.

Regards,

Hans (Oldpilot)

7. Re: 1976 hatters motor yacht - $25000 (panama city)

I won't be able to get there this week but hopefully can next. Been a bit nutty around here with various things I have had to get done...
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Not 100 percent sure, however certainly seems to be the same 43...

Was looking at yachtworld today and it seems that this 43 DCMY has been listed with a broker at $52,900...
    The listing is dated April 29, 2014, now shows that it is at Alligator Point, FL.
    The broker seems to be using the same photos and describes the boat-

Excellent Condition Hatteras - Ready for Your Enjoyment
    The Detroit’s run Perfect - Excellent Shape - Doesn't Leak or Burn Oil
    The Hatteras 43 is a traditional flush-deck motor yacht whose quality construction, spacious accommodations and comfortable ride made her one of the most popular motor yachts ever produced. Like most Hatteras designs of her era, the 43 was built on a solid fiberglass, single-chine hull with a long keel and nearly flat after sections.

(not sure if I can add link but will try)

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...icanmarketing&

I have not had the time to follow up yet...sort of would like to get some feedback/thoughts on what fellow members think about it now?

thanks,

Dave

Doesn't look terrible, but these are very small and dim photos, and far from a comprehensive set of them.

has anybody seen the 43 in panama city for the ask 39,999? i have a friend that is interested. she has 210 hp 671s does anybody know how she ran with that engine package? seems under powered. thanks