Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

One more to look at

Happened up on this 1983 46c. Looks to be a good one with some updates.

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._id=64851&url=

Re: One more to look at

She's been for sale for a long time. Price was very high until recently. Looks like a real nice boat and priced pretty aggressively if she nearly as good as she looks in the listing.
    Jack Sardina

I agree, looks like a lot of boat if in as good of shape as advertised. A friend of mine captained a 46c back in the 80's and would call me to run the deck when bill fishing, without pay, and I would go just to fish on that Hat. A real fish raiser and good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I agree, looks like a lot of boat if in as good of shape as advertised. A friend of mine captained a 46c back in the 80's and would call me to run the deck when bill fishing, without pay, and I would go just to fish on that Hat. A real fish raiser and good memories.
    My previous boat was a 46C. Great boat and the longest I've ever owned one boat. I still miss that boat and feel like she will always be "my boat"
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    My previous boat was a 46C. Great boat and the longest I've ever owned one boat. I still miss that boat and feel like she will always be "my boat"
    A great boat and I will never forget the good times spent on my friends 46C. At that time I could not imagine needing a bigger boat.

I put my 46' Hatt 1974 on the market. Recently. Located in Solomon's, MD. $85k. Newer Awlcraft rub rail up, majored 8v71tis, wood work Inside refinished, galley up, bunk and drawers Down where galley usually is. After hull is painted would be real nice. Have really enjoyed the boat.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Wonder how a "short sale" works on a boat.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

The same as with real estate. The seller has to get the bank to agree to take less than what he owes. Depending on the bank, it can be a bit of a challenge. I've seen short sale deals that were turned down by the bank. Bank ends up repo-ing the boat and sells it for much less than short sale would have netted. Only way to find out is to make an offer and see where it goes.
    Jack Sardina

In my experience, there is really no such thing as a short sale on a boat loan. Not unless the borrower can demonstrate that they have absolutely no other source for cash or borrowing to pay a shortfall. On recreational loans, if you've got $50 available on your MasterCard - the bank wants it. When I advertise a boat as a "short sale" it's because the seller is coming to the table with cash to pay it off. On the one true short sale that I did - the owner was broke and the bank knew it. The only alternative was bankruptcy so the bank was not going to recover either way. The other thing was that the "short" portion of the sale was all collection fees and charges that had been added to the loan balance. The bank actually got all of their $160,000 principle out of the sale. And they still complained about it, and sent the seller a 1099 for the (around $6,000) shortfall.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

I have not seen many boat short sales advertised. Have heard they can burn up some time with no deal, can't imagine a bank sitting on a boat deal if it is in the ballpark of the payoff amount.