Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: 53MY Classic For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    The one with all white galley, engine hours almost 3K and white paint slathered over the entire engine...hoses, hose clamps, everything ?
    Not sure I understand, define "Slathered", and then please use it in a sentence.

Remember don't always judge an old motor by it's looks, it's what's inside that counts. Just because there's a little extra paint doesn't mean they're bad motors. The white paint is good because it shows leaks. From the looks of the pictures it's a nice clean boat. As far as the engines I don't see anyting alarming, no real corrosion and thankfully because of the "Slathered" white paint you can notice the little things. Little things such as the slight oil leak under the blower on the Starb motor.

On the other hand you may find a sparkling engine room with motors on their last leg.

This is the thing you should understand. These boats belong to people, most, not all, but most of which care deeply about them. They put a lot of time, heart and money into keeping them as nice as they possibly can. Some people become attached to their boats like part of the family. This is because of all the time their real family spent on them. They watch their kids or grandkids grow up before their very eyes while on board. Sometimes some of their best memories of Loved ones that passed away took place on these boats and for these reasons the boats are more than just boats to these owners. Point is if your going to knock a boat that obviously had a caring owner because of tastes or "Slathered" paint do it in a nice and polite manner or don't do it at all. You could of just as easily mentioned in a nice way you weren't interested instead of blasting his white galley, and engine room paint.

I have no idea who the owner, is but I wouldn't appriciate someone ripping my boat. I know what we put into keeping it as nice and fit as possible. It's not perfect and never will be. It's always an ongoing project. We always are fixing replacing and repairing things, just find something else to do the next day.

Just have some control in what you say. I think it would go along way with some other members on here having more respect for you and vice versa.

Tony

Probably time for a break, gentlemen. Can we lower the temperature a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Probably time for a break, gentlemen. Can we lower the temperature a bit?
    Sadly TH&T was completely over run. Here is a member with a nice boat for sale getting the wrong end of it. I am sorry if it detracts from your ability to market the boat but remember a few members spoke out about how nice she is.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Well said.

I have been watching this thread (and others from the same posters) for several weeks, sometimes with tongue in cheek other times with amazement. Most of our forum members have displayed an extraordinary amount of restraint in expresssing their frustration with some of the posts and for this I commend them.. I have been trying to figure out what kind of game is being played here. It appears to me that this forum (and some of it's members) have been more patient than I would have been. The HOF contributors have been in my opinion more than fair in offering asked for advice only to be attacked. Appears that M knows more than anyone else here so I recommend that no body should respond unless you have a very thick skin. I don't and I have held off expressing myself until now. My comments are not meant to further provoke dissension.

Walt

p.s. If I was younger and in the market for a 53 Classic as I was some years ago, I would be all over TH&T's. Looks like one of the best deals available today. A positive side effect of all of this BS has been IMO great positive exposure to what I think is a great boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Sadly TH&T was completely over run. Here is a member with a nice boat for sale getting the wrong end of it. I am sorry if it detracts from your ability to market the boat but remember a few members spoke out about how nice she is.
    TH&T seems very nice to me as well. Does my mention of it not having provision for a dinghy, no dishwasher or disposal mean I don't think it's very nice ? No. I did mention the oven and nearly new generator, major plus. It seems any hint of a something missing that would normally be on a yacht of that nature is taken as an "offence" but mention of it's unusual positives are completely ignored. Most curious.

I mention it's probably not large enough for us...but that's neither negative nor positive....it's plenty large for others...just not for us.
    Last edited by Milacron; 05-12-2015 at 07:42 PM.

If you ever knew or spoke to someone that lived on one they would tell you the disposal / compactor and dishwasher were useless.

The galley is tight and the easiest way to get the extra space needed is to redo them without all the mini appliances.

A full size dishwasher takes up a lot of room. Living aboard usually means less not more appliances.

You have unrealistic expectations and less than a positive effect on the site. Maybe your wife likes it but no one here did.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

This thread has been derailed. I think a moderator should split it into two threads leaving the pertinent for sale info in one thread and all the other discussion to another. Just a suggestion and TH&T should be the one to decide what works best for him as this is his thread and boat.
    Jack Sardina

Derailed or taking on water ! Either way I concur.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    The one with all white galley, engine hours almost 3K and white paint slathered over the entire engine...hoses, hose clamps, everything ?
    Hoses and hose clamps are basic maintenance items. I know nothing about this boat but did notice the very expensive newer custom fiberglass wrapped exhaust components, bow thruster, stabilizers etc. Not indicitive of a neglected or poorly maintained boat. You can't make an accurate assesment from looking at an internet listing. I've seen amazing listings where the boat was junk and poor listings where the boat was much nicer than represented. If the white galley is a deal breaker than OK, but don't discount the boat because the engine paint is less than perfect. You are still all over the place with price and models. There's a huge difference between a 56MY and any of the 1510 boats. You need to get on board a number of them and narrow down your search. Keep in mind that bigger boats cost more to own and operate and the difference in size in some of these boats is huge. A 58 series I is so much smaller than a 58 series II. That added size may also put you in a bigger slip due to the increased beam.
    Jack Sardina