Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Re: Going to bed for the summer....

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Be careful with the Cipro. I ended up with colitis from it and there are many reports of tendon rupture as well. As long as you're tolerating it okay, you probably don't have to worry as its widely prescribed. Just be alert to any intestinal pain before it get out of hand. I wish you the best.
    I have a ruptured bicep tendon, luckily my left arm, as a result (I think) of Cipro. It was quite the electrical sensation when it let go. I was using my left arm to slide an overhead hatch open on a sundeck motoryacht that I was showing. My customers wondered what the hell was going on with me when it happened. They remarked that they heard the "pop" Yikes. Since it was my left arm and I'm not a mechanic for my living, the Doc convinced me not to have it repaired. So no more Cipro for me.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Same drug. Good in its place, but it has its risks.

Hi Bob!

Good luck with your treatment and boat withdrawal!

We wish you a speedy recovery back to what you love!

Nick

4. Re: Going to bed for the summer....

Quote Originally Posted by bobk View Post
    Hmmm... The Bosch results are a bit disconcerting. Do you know what the European standard is? I'd like to compare the two. Is the difference related to lubricity or some other factor? Any info on Valvtec fuels? They claim to be better.

Bobk
    Wear scar. We have a lower standard and with ULSD it cannot be met without additives, which are supposed to go in at the terminal.

If they don't, for whatever reason, and you get a load of that into a HPFP used in the common-rail engines you have a serious problem.

IMHO Bosch should have used crankcase oil (or a separate oiling system) for these pumps instead of relying on the fuel. They didn't and if the fuel is even slightly out-of-spec you're hosed -- and when the pump grenades the metal particles it sheds get into everything in the fuel system.

The pump itself isn't ridiculously expensive but having to change everything in the fuel system that got contaminated is another matter.

Good luck with the treatment Bob; will toss a prayer your way.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker