Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Genny exhaust fittings through the soundshield

If the broker had a problem, his client is the one who decided to change the game, and that's who should have paid. I did not hire the broker, the owner did and gave the vessel to the other broker to dispose of.

I made the owner an offer in good faith through the original broker, offer was rejected and I was offered the boat through the new broker at wholesale, 50 k under asking.

I suggest you get your facts correct before making unfavorable comments about something you have no first hand information about.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Dennis View Post
    If the broker had a problem, his client is the one who decided to change the game, and that's who should have paid. I did not hire the broker, the owner did and gave the vessel to the other broker to dispose of.

I made the owner an offer in good faith through the original broker, offer was rejected and I was offered the boat through the new broker at wholesale, 50 k under asking.

I suggest you get your facts correct before making unfavorable comments about something you have no first hand information about.
    So you admit the original broker brought about the sale but you and the owner were ok with cutting him out when you got it for less.

Your a class act. Just very low class. By the way the brokerage felt a suit would accomplish nothing. Cheapskates and dishonest buyers are part of the job.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

The original broker did not bring about the sale....the owner was deciding whether to purchase a new azimut or not, while was thinking about it , I seen the boat with the original broker, had my offer rejected, Then it died for a few months and I almost purchased a 42 Bertram in St Pete area, , I was in Vancouver and the new broker who was selling the Azimut and showed me the Bertam, phoned me and said, the owner has signed on the dotted line for the Az. we are taking the Hatt in trade and will wholesale out the back door, do you want it for 70K ? .

So, under your thinking I should have said, one of the following.

No, I want the sale to through the original broker or I will not buy the boat. OR...

OK now how much should I pay the first broker because he did not not get the commission on this sale ?"

In either scenario above, you are making the buyer responsible for the sellers ethics, something I would have no part of, same as I have no part of deciding what you are allowed to think and do within the law.

Give it a rest Scott, I have spent well over a million dollars here in Florida since 1991 within the Yachting community and associated business, you have no valid reason to pass insults over something you are ill informed over.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Dennis View Post
    The original broker did not bring about the sale....the owner was deciding whether to purchase a new azimut or not, while was thinking about it , I seen the boat with the original broker, had my offer rejected, Then it died for a few months and I almost purchased a 42 Bertram in St Pete area, , I was in Vancouver and the new broker who was selling the Azimut and showed me the Bertam, phoned me and said, the owner has signed on the dotted line for the Az. we are taking the Hatt in trade and will wholesale out the back door, do you want it for 70K ? .

So, under your thinking I should have said, one of the following.

No, I want the sale to through the original broker or I will not buy the boat. OR...

OK now how much should I pay the first broker because he did not not get the commission on this sale ?"

In either scenario above, you are making the buyer responsible for the sellers ethics, something I would have no part of, same as I have no part of deciding what you are allowed to think and do within the law.

Give it a rest Scott, I have spent well over a million dollars here in Florida since 1991 within the Yachting community and associated business, you have no valid reason to pass insults over something you are ill informed over.

You were party to the deceit. You and your broker went around the listing broker. You were in a huge rush to get it out of harbortown right after. Too bad you dont remember or even care that you screwed someone as long as you got what you wanted.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

And dennis if you didnt want it to be said why did you put out that first post.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

I got an idea! How about you two start a thread labeled slander and ethics so I know which one not to read.

This is old news that has nothing to do with this thread. Start your own!