Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Genny exhaust fittings through the soundshield

Between miami and ft lauderdale you have the largest available inventory of marine parts in the us. Maybe even the world. We get stuff from your backyard shipped in all the time if its not available here. Also ups and fedex deliver to your area . I cant believe there was not a part locally but then again I'm not the one who looked.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I try to follow an old adage. "if you can't add something positive" then shut the **** up"

I've just finished the install of a new NL 16 kw unit in my 53 YF. The exhaust manifold transitions to a silicone hose and then to a ss pipe that extends through the sound shield. It has a lip at the end to ensure a good bite for the clamp and ensure the hose stays in place. If all else fails it may be worth. I visiting a muffler shop that has ss tube stock and can bend the pipe to reflect the elbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Between miami and ft lauderdale you have the largest available inventory of marine parts in the us. Maybe even the world. We get stuff from your backyard shipped in all the time if its not available here. Also ups and fedex deliver to your area . I cant believe there was not a part locally but then again I'm not the one who looked.
    The places that are open on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday don't stock this stuff. The typically well-stocked part houses are not open within the parameters within which I wanted to make the repair. So, it does come down to an "order the part and wait to get it" situation. Other than fuel filters and oil filters, even my local Westerbeke dealer in Miami does not stock these rarely needed parts.

Scott, please read and comprehend posts before just going about willy-nilly insulting other Hatteras owners on the maintenance of their boats. You and a few others are the ones who have the ability, given your profession and experience, to contribute meaningful responses and information, and I usually look forward to reading most of whatever you write on the HOF whether it applies to me or not - I am open to learning, but you and that few others, at the same time, are always the first to make erroneous assumptions and insult those of us who own nice Hatteras yachts who choose to be hands-on rather than checkbook writers.

Before you accuse me or anyone else, on a public forum, of not being capable of, or committed to, doing proper maintenance, please take the time to perhaps meet us first, and have a look at our boats before posting accusations that we don't properly maintain our boats. I take offense at this - basically, you have insulted me on a personal level - you have told a mother that her baby is ugly, yet having never seen the baby, and that really raises the hair on the back of my neck. Your comments are inappropriate and out of place, if not just dead wrong.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

I have said it before and I shall say it again: Angela is my favorite super-hero.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

All I said is you spent more time looking for another way when it's more efficient to order the right part and do it a day or two later. I deal with so many projects at once and would rather wait a day than save a few dollars and need to do it again.

So many people here skip over dollars to pick up pennies that they miss the boat and have to do it over again or buy cheap stuff to spend more in the end.

The people who designed these boats knew what they were doing better than most. Putting in top quality products is why they still run and float after 40 or more years.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

When I want your opinion I'll give it to you?

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

When I want your opinion I'll give it to you?
    and I pay sales tax Jim.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

And, I got the sales tax receipt to p[rove I paid mine, even though one suggested I did not..

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Dennis View Post
    And, I got the sales tax receipt to p[rove I paid mine, even though one suggested I did not..
    No one accused you of evading sales tax. it was the broker you didn't pay.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.