Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Want to Purchase Used Hatteras 40' - 46' CPMY

I am looking for a used 40' to 46' CPMY design Hatteras. I would like to use in the Finger Lakes and possibly do the Great Loop so I need to ideally have 15'6" Bridge clearance in high water. Also, are there any suggestions on engines to achieve good fuel mileage?

Re: Want to Purchase Used Hatteras 40' - 46' CPMY

My parents are selling their 1986 Hatteras 43MY. It's been re-painted from the waterline up with awlgrip and kept under cover. The paint job is yacht quality and she turns heads at any marina. Let me know if you have any interest. Located in northern gulf coast and I can help with delivery/training if needed. Bridge clearance isn't an issue with this one either.

You didn't state a budget range so responses will depend on what your looking to spend. As for fuel mileage, one is better then two, four stroke better then two, but lots of other factors play in as well.

I am looking for a boat to do the Great Loop and also be able to clear 15'6" in high water conditions. I am looking at spending up to $150,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg Lambrix View Post
    I am looking for a used 40' to 46' CPMY design Hatteras. I would like to use in the Finger Lakes and possibly do the Great Loop so I need to ideally have 15'6" Bridge clearance in high water. Also, are there any suggestions on engines to achieve good fuel mileage?
    I have a 1996 42' Hatteras cockpit MY. Cat 3208's with about 1575 hours. Very well equipped, painted with Imron 3 years ago. Clearance as currently outfitted 18' 2". That can be easily reduced by removal of a SS arch I installed above the radar for 2 GPS antenna and steaming light. Air draft can be yet further reduced by hinging the radar. The boat is listed in this forum along with a number of pictures. Named Lil Adventure she is berthed in Fort Lauderdale. We've owned her for 10 years. Reduced again to $148,000. My private email is chuckhm3@gmail.com.

Chuck MacMahon

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    My parents are selling their 1986 Hatteras 43MY. It's been re-painted from the waterline up with awlgrip and kept under cover. The paint job is yacht quality and she turns heads at any marina. Let me know if you have any interest. Located in northern gulf coast and I can help with delivery/training if needed. Bridge clearance isn't an issue with this one either.
    A 43 MY does not have a cockpit. Mine has an arch with radar and anchor light on top of that. Most 43 MY came that way. My air clearance is 22'.
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt