Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Does anyone use the KVH Tracphone 25 system?

I did a search on the forum and found a few previous threads but nothing in particular about the KVH Tracphone 25 system. I have one in the garage and didn't know if it was worth installing on the boat.

We currently share a handheld sat phone with my Dad. We simply UPS the phone back and forth to each other when needed, however I have noticed that at times the handheld doesn't work well inside the boat and we need to go out on deck or up on the flybridge to get service.

I thought the permanently installed 25 with an antenna up on the arch might do better. Heck the Tracphone 25 may be outdated, I haven't checked. it is leftover from another boat.

Comments appreciated if you have any experience.

Re: Does anyone use the KVH Tracphone 25 system?

Buy a second handheld.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I thought about that Scott, but I was concerned about the fact that sometimes the handheld we have now doesn't work inside the boat. I didn't really want to spend the money on another handheld if it does the same thing.

I have what I think is a KVH 50 , it works great and always has a signal no matter what the conditions or where we are, FWIW.........the service is expensive, albeit very good, thru Inmarsat which I think is the only carrier currently supporting the older units......Pat