Sometimes my starboard Cummins 370 hp (mechanical) turns over and sometimes it does not. Just clicks and acts like a dead battery. Sometimes I move the shifter back and forth all the way to exercise the neutral safety switch and sometimes it rolls over and sometimes it does not. If not, I move all 4 battery (8D) switches to ALL and sometimes there is joy and sometimes not. If not, I press the parallel switch on the bridge and sometimes it rolls over and sometimes not. Today I did all the above and nothing worked. Then I tried it without any extra measures and it started. Go figure.

Until today one of the above procedures has always worked but I am stumped as to the cause. The 8D AGM battery is only 4 months old. It takes a charge well and unless the boat is not run for a day or two the starter engages as if nothing has ever been wrong.

This happened when I bought the boat in late July and all assumed it was the battery...so it was replaced.

Intermittent problems are hell. I wish things would just break and get it over with.

Any ideas?