I've decided it's about time I learned how to winterize my own boat and use those boat dollars for other things she needs. It's out of the water and on the hard now. I understand some things from reading the past threads here but I have several questions. First, mine is a twin diesel (8/53's) with the heat exchangers so do I just disconnect the inlet hose at the thru hull, attach a new hose to the inlet hose put it in the bucket with the antifreeze, start up the engine and wait until the pink stuff come out of the exhaust or is there more I need to consider? I also read I need to drain each strainer so I know how to do that. What about the fresh water. I know I have to drain and bypass the water heater first, but then can I attach a hose, from an external pump, to the shore water inlet on the starbord side, put the end in the bucket and force the water through to each faucet? Now the heads, do I just pour antifreeze into the heads flush them? And lastly, the two A/C units. I have one pump that feeds both compressors. Do I disconnect the hose at compressor side of the pump, attach my pump and force the pink stuff through or do I have to have the ac units turned on so the ac pump circulates the pink stuff? Did I forget anything? Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Greg