Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

1. It's been a year since Superstorm Sandy

So has there been much done in terms of marina repairs and boat repairs up there??
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: It's been a year since Superstorm Sandy

Still a lot of house's with issue's but most of the marina's I've seen are back on line. I'm in Brielle so we got a pretty good trashing from it although both of my boats were in the water and only had minor damage. Have't seen the back water places so can't speak about them but up here the marina's are good to go. We still don't have electric at ours but I think that's more a money issue for the guy that owns it. We did wind up with new docks, bulkheads and stuff but it's a small Marina and not a money maker for the guy that owns it. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

Generally speaking it's about the same here. The marinas and boatyards are up and running, homes some yes and some no. Still a lot of unoccupied houses on the shore. Some of them are waiting for the bulldozer.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Generally speaking it's about the same here. The marinas and boatyards are up and running, homes some yes and some no. Still a lot of unoccupied houses on the shore. Some of them are waiting for the bulldozer.
    Same here. We don't have nearly as many yards or qualified techs so most of the cosmetic repairs are still waiting. Getting an estimate for fiberglass work is near impossible. Like many others I know, I'm having some work done over the winter and most of the good guys are booked solid. The prop guys have been busy this summer. I know a lot who hit debris and wrapped their props and running gear. My neighbor bent 2 shafts and trashed a pair of 5 blade wheels after he hit what we think was a Chevy Tahoe about 3-4 miles from our club. He was lucky he got hung up on it. He was approaching a draw bridge and running with the tide when it happened. Both engines shut down and he thought he was going to get sucked into the bridge.
    Jack Sardina