Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Forum a lot of help

I performed a web search for info on the electric 32v and it took me to this forum with comments on what type of equipment could be needed, and I found that info very helpful. I found that I could not comment or ask questions from that search and needed to join Sam's to do so.

What a great deal of information here. The FAQs are great, on the boat last week and we had a discussion about what type of first aid equip we needed, low and behold there was a great thread and two full pages of info available from one member that is a Doctor, that gave me a number of new ideas. Thanks to Sam's and the group that makes this work.
    Dave

Re: Forum a lot of help

Welcome to the family. If not for this forum, I probably would not be where I am. They have taught me much of what I know, and without having learned "how to" everything, I would never be able to afford this boat. Every once in a while I get to give back with some knowledge I've picked up along the way. You'll find the folks here be a great bunch of people who are always willing to help, whether online or in person. We love each other like family, and sometimes we bicker like family, too. Watch out for Brother Freeebird....he's a troublemaker. Ha ha!
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

"If not for this forum, I probably would not be where I am."

Love it. Good of you not to blame us all for any of this...

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Welcome to the family. If not for this forum, I probably would not be where I am. They have taught me much of what I know, and without having learned "how to" everything, I would never be able to afford this boat. Every once in a while I get to give back with some knowledge I've picked up along the way. You'll find the folks here be a great bunch of people who are always willing to help, whether online or in person. We love each other like family, and sometimes we bicker like family, too. Watch out for Brother Freeebird....he's a troublemaker. Ha ha!
    Boy (or should I say sister?), did I pick a good time to view this thread! Yeah, this is a good place to hang your Hatt. Just don't take air conditioning advice from Ang.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Boy (or should I say sister?), did I pick a good time to view this thread! Yeah, this is a good place to hang your Hatt. Just don't take air conditioning advice from Ang.
    I was wondering how long it would take you to stumble upon this thread. As for AC advice, take it or leave it, but for the first time since I've owned the boat and got rid of the original Hatteras design, I've been happier than a pig in slop and have been cool all Miami summer long. NO FRIGGIN' REGRETS! At last, at last...reliable air conditioning in the heat of South Florida.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

That is a miracle on the level of the loaves and fishes, maybe even the parting of the Red Sea. Good for you.

Jim if you can fill me in, I tried to reply to a post and it said I could not since I have only three posts and it requires that I have five? Since you seem to be the senior member I would appreciate any info you can provide. Dave

I've monitored this site forever and been able to learn plenty from others experiences. Finally decided to sign up and jump in with other owners. Thanks to all.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    That is a miracle on the level of the loaves and fishes, maybe even the parting of the Red Sea. Good for you.
    I just posted this one:
    I've monitored this site forever and been able to learn plenty from others experiences. Finally decided to sign up and jump in with other owners. Thanks to all.
    Seems we share the same thoughts about all the helpful folks on this site.

Be careful though. If you like boats this site can become addictive. 🙉
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee