Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Runnig out of time

Sometimes I would like to run faster, like when trying to get to a bridge opening or outrun some weather. OTOH, we like traveling at 7.5 kts (1200 rpm) and burning 3.5 gph. We really like anchoring out and waking up at the crack of dawn and pull the hook and go. At 9 statute mph down the ICW you can get pretty far if you start early. We also travel to sunset or when we get to a good anchorage. No muss, no fuss, drop the hook and play some cards on the sundeck. When we traveled down the ICW to Stuart (where we are now) it was too hot to anchor out so we stayed at marinas all the way down. What a pain!! The trip each day would start out cool, then at noon would get hot as an oven. About 3:00pm each day we were dripping wet with sweat, ready for a marina. Well anyway, 40-60 mile days in the middle of the summer are a pain. Now I see why the snow birds travel in the fall and spring. If you anchor out mostly and travel slow burning 4 gph, you can save lots of money. Heck, its so nice and peaceful at 7.5 kts.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

2. Re: Runnig out of time

You still looking for help to move it ?
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: Runnig out of time

Thanks guys . Time will tell the whole tale, Good thing I have daddy war bucks for this endeavor

Boats getting pulled, I'll know more tommarow .

Got tickets to fly there Oct. 17th .

Going to just go do it, We have a new life raft & such.

Still scared shitless, Just DO it .

I Ain't no dock Queen .