Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: STOLEN Hatt 53 MY

I like shutting the fuel off better than securing electrical power. Especially if you shut it off at the tanks, the engines will start and run for a bit before shutting down. Once they figured it out, they'd have to prime the system to get the engines running again.

If battery switches are off, you could bypass the whole system with jumper cables between the batteries and the starter. Short circuit the solenoid and the engines would fire right up. Once running, Detroits only need fuel and air to run - no electricity is required.

Will

I agree with Eric, WHY would anybody steal it? Makes no sense at all. It would be like somebody checking out a shopping mall parking lot and deciding to steal a green 1975 Ford station wagon.

Re this theft, I wonder, as Paul Harvey used to say, about "...the REST of the story."
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I agree with Eric, WHY would anybody steal it? Makes no sense at all. It would be like somebody checking out a shopping mall parking lot and deciding to steal a green 1975 Ford station wagon.

Re this theft, I wonder, as Paul Harvey used to say, about "...the REST of the story."
    Insured for more than it's worth to sell in this market????

A few days ago, the whole marina here was buzzing about a stolen 40 foot express, a European boat. Made no sense... Thief go after center consoles and high performance, not cruisers.

Couple of days later, it turned out to be a misunderstanding between the owner and mechanics... Owner didn't know mechanics had taken the boat to the shop for service.

I can't imagine anyone stealing a 53...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

It was probably someone here. They needed a parts boat. Nobody else would want it that bad.

In fact, I heard there were a couple of members that needed an engine. Any truth to that?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

"I agree with Eric, WHY would anybody steal it? Makes no sense at all. It would be like somebody checking out a shopping mall parking lot and deciding to steal a green 1975 Ford station wagon."

And this would be after they walked past the Aston Martin that was left running with the key in it and the door unlocked...

if anybody finds it, i could use the master stateroom closet doors.. where the hell would you hide something that big?

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    It was probably someone here. They needed a parts boat. Nobody else would want it that bad.

In fact, I heard there were a couple of members that needed an engine. Any truth to that?
    I'm thinking maybe folks in Tennessee might keep an eye out...

lol

Q

Haven't heard from Randy lately. Randy, you out there?

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    I'm thinking maybe folks in Tennessee might keep an eye out...

lol

Q
    Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Haven't heard from Randy lately. Randy, you out there?
    I have an iron clad alibi as I was moving a 48YF up the Mississippi.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93