Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Looking to purchase a washer/dryer

Hi everyone

I'm replacing our Stacked Washer/Dryer on our 60 Convertible. I've looked on the net and several appliance stores. I prefer the stacked concept versus the combination units. Would like to find a unit close to the original one that came with the boat to retain the same amount of space in the utility room.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciate it !!

Cheers,

Jose
    PILAR
    79 Hatteras 60.

Re: Looking to purchase a washer/dryer

You might want to do a Forum Search first, there are about 20 posts about washer / dryers, stacked and otherwise with information about ease of replacement or there of.

I searched using "stacked washer dryer" and got results of 20 posts.

Ralexa6808

The Bosch Axxis series fits in the same hole as the original washer/dryer. A few of us here have replaced ours with the Bosch machines. Love mine!
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Angela

Thank you so much for the info. I pulled the W/D this afternoon. My wife found a Whirlpool unit that seems to be identical to the original. However, I will check the one you mentioned before I pull the trigger.

Cheers,
    Jose
    PILAR
    1979 Hatt 60

If the unit you have removed is the origin, it is a few inches shorter than the Whirlpool. They both are 24"w & 24" deep. The new unit has a larger dryer, works much better than the old unit dryer, a slightly smaller washer. As long as you have a couple of inches more height, the Whirlpool will fit fine. The new unit has an access panel between the washer & dryer, making instillation of hoses and vent a lot easier.