Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

No buyers,or tire kickers ?

On yachtworld WITH a broker ?

Re: No buyers,or tire kickers ?

Location, location, location.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Location, location, location.
    Maybe a large factor but without seeing the listing I cant say if it looks enticing or not.

The hardest job a broker has is telling his client things he does not want to hear.

The most difficult task is making the boat look better than all the others out there.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

This one is said to look very nice indeed. It's just in an out of the way place.

Phil, I looked at your listing. Your broker needs to correct some info in the specs such as "2000 HP"and you really need more pictures. When I was searching for mine, pictures are key to getting a positive impression and building interest. Also need more info in the specs. Good luck.
    Art

Could you even post a link to the listing?

It ain't my boat, I ain't looking to buy the boat and I certainly have no personal issues with you. But it seems like you're doing the same thing that you got offended at people for pointing out before. I've never seen a picture of this boat, or a listing or anything. From here it appears that you think this boat is so great it's going to sell itself. And maybe it is that great, but boats don't make cold calls to find interested buyers.

In the interenet world it's very easy to just click on to the next one if you don't feel good about the one you're looking at. Location or not, you have to give people something to capture their interest. OTOH, maybe there's a hidden motive here.... did your wife demand that you sell the boat and you're setting up an "I tried honey, but the market is just bad right now and nobody has even called." scenario?
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

When we searched( nine months search time) I looked within 1000 miles which would have included your boat. I had the size picked, power was open and It needed to be a clean unmolested boat. GOOD PICTURES got me to call the broker. ACCURATE information was crucial to my next move.

We looked at 3 boats, two of which were over 500 miles away. We bought the best boat for the money based primarily on the search criteria. It had to pass survey and sea trial too. What I am telling you is get good pictures, LOTS of them. include the engine room. Accurate information is the key to the call. I made the assumption that if machinery hours were not posted there was a reason. Make sure your Broker is not a Knuckle head (sorry Eric but I WILL bet you know a few by their first name) Have a friend call and see if you are getting the service you deserve.

Now before you open up the King sized can of attitude......THIS ADVISE IS FREE FROM SOMEONE WHO RECENTLY BOUGHT A BOAT.

Scroddy, you made me do this....rant complete

Now it's all going to be my fault, isn't it?

I figured I was going to get in trouble for this anyway, so go ahead, pile on.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

If your broker is going to list it as a "motorsailer", you might get more action if you post a photo with the rigging up. Maybe that's why nobody is looking at it.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1984...s#.UgDz8DvD-M8

Might want to adjust those engine specs too.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Seriously, Phil, have you yourself even looked at that ad?

Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:

Dimensions
    LOA: 53 ft 0 in
    Beam: 16 ft 0 in
    Minimum Draft: 54 ft 0 in
    Maximum Draft: 3 ft 6 in
    Bridge Clearance: 24 ft 0 in
    Dry Weight: 60000 lbs

Engines
    Engine 1:
    Engine Brand: Detroit
    Year Built: 1984