Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

ZF Transmission High Oil Pressure

We are traveling New England and are experiencing very high pressure on starboard transmission. We have ruled out the senders and have a mechanical gauge on the transmission. We have spun the filter and we have had very limited success with ZF due to holiday. My guess is the pressure is reading in the high 300's. My main concern is can I continue to run 1200 RPM and is there anything I can do to resolve the issue. Thanks for any help.

Re: ZF Transmission High Oil Pressure

Try Seaboard Marine in Oxnard, CA. You might be able to get some help from them. They sell ZF products, I think.

Re: ZF Transmission High Oil Pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Hattatude View Post
    We are traveling New England and are experiencing very high pressure on starboard transmission. We have ruled out the senders and have a mechanical gauge on the transmission. We have spun the filter and we have had very limited success with ZF due to holiday. My guess is the pressure is reading in the high 300's. My main concern is can I continue to run 1200 RPM and is there anything I can do to resolve the issue. Thanks for any help.

Check the boatdiesel.com site under Forum/Transmissions/ZM Marine _Forum # 745; a simular problem was noted....... 350 psi from my reading of the info may be typical depending on the unit you have. Does the ID plate on the transmission list pressure in Bar or PSI ?