Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: stabilisers

stabilisers

I cannot find anybody in Fort Lauderdale who understands/repairs seabrace stabilisers.The best value and simplest solution would be to put in a gyro system .Has anyone done this and where did they put the gyro in a 53 motor yacht ian w

Re: stabilisers

Ian,

Call me at 301-643-0917. We took Needs, Wants & Desires to Chub Cay from Ft Lauderdale last Sunday in conditions that grew progressively worst as we went. Our Seabrace stabilizers did great. I just put on a new gyro I bought for around $800 and we had problems with one of the "windshield wiper" motors that my mechanic straightened out before we left. He understands the system but he still has lots of questions about it. I am hoping (more like praying) that I can get a copy of an owners manual.

I think between him and Danny Betker there is a lot of knowledge. At this point I am confident they can keep my system operating. I am very happy with the Seabrace. My friends all have Naiads. When I have been on their boats, my opinion is they don't work any better. Would I like to have Naiads or would I prefer Naiads? Yes, but my Seabrace are paid for and I have the Naiad money in MY pocket.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible