Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: Cant give these boats away ?

Quote Originally Posted by philmeup View Post
    Are YOU interested in buying a 53?
    If you are please email ME ? If not,please do not pile on with Pascal and his snobby attitude ?
    Thanks Phil
    It is not about me trying to sell a boat,its about the egos that are mad about that I am not trying to sell it their way ?

I agree but you are probably the textbook example of why a broker is useful in buying and selling a boat. I would not want to deal with you directly.

Quote Originally Posted by seasalt View Post
    I agree but you are probably the textbook example of why a broker is useful in buying and selling a boat. I would not want to deal with you directly.
    Too true Lad !!!

Ok,now you know the boat is for sale,are you interested in buying it,or just want say what a lousy job I did advertising it ?

Ok, folks, everyone take a deep breath and then play nice. Alright?

Thank you.

Hi Phil,

You have some great photos on your HOF gallery page that might help things along with your listing.

She looks lovely, mate. Really lovely!

Sadly, I'm not currently a buyer (though I'm working on that..... but probably not to your timing) and I have no criticisms of your efforts.

Sometimes we are doing everything that we can think of for little or no result and things get frustrating.

Similar to you, my own boat has been on the market for some time and I have been reading the input from the other members with interest and taking note of some of the tips and comments.

I have a magnificent mahogany runabout that I built a few years ago (about $100k "worth" of boat) that I still own even though she's been on the market for some time. Everybody that sees her goes ga-ga over it but nobody writes a cheque - much to my frustration and much to my wife's disgust...........

With regard to Jace, there have been some good suggestions though (including some of Pascal's ) and I think "Saltshaker Jack" has a good outlook on things with your boat. With my own, I think I'll be taking more detailed photos and taking her to a broker soon (she's currently in refit).

Anyhow mate, best of luck to you and I hope Jace has a new owner very soon.
    Cheers,

Rick H,
    Old Shipwright.
    Melbourne, Australia.

One day, your life is going to flash before your eyes....
    ..Make sure it's worth watching!!!

Quote Originally Posted by philmeup View Post
    It is not about me trying to sell a boat,its about the egos that are mad about that I am not trying to sell it their way ?
    I read the posts as the members giving their best views and experience in good spirit after you showed your frustration at having NO success YOUR way.
    Did you mean your original post to be rhetorical, or is it just that you take everything as a personal attack?

I must do !!
    Our company just took away 60k in cash and benefits,and our Educated Human resource dopes,told us,we were taking it personal,lol

I have been a yacht broker for almost 25 years. In that time frame, selling boats has been my only source of income. I have managed to support myself reasonably well. My standard of living has been better in some years than in others, but I have overall done quite well. I depend upon no one but myself to produce revenue. Basically, I eat what I kill. It is a challenge to eat well in my chosen line of work.

It has been my observation that the boat business is unique in that for most buyers, the decision to buy a boat is made with a completely different part of their brain than the decision to buy almost anything else. I'm mostly dealing with people's passions, dreams, and desires. Although many of you try very hard to apply common sense business logic to boat purchase transactions, for the most part there really isn't much if any logic to this. It is for this reason that I often say - "If you LIKE the boat, then buy it". One must be "in like" before they can be "in love". Those of you that have bought boats because of "The Deal" probably understand this best. Especially when later to discover that you hate the boat and the deal wasn't all that good anyway. So when the "like" or "love" affair is over, it's really over. How many of you are financially supporting an ex wife or a boat that won't sell?

There are plenty of mornings when I walk into my office, throw the lights on and think to myself that my life would likely be much easier if I was selling washing machines instead of boats. When you're in the washing machine business and someone comes to your place of business or calls on the phone, there is probably a greater likelihood that they NEED a washing machine. No one needs what I'm selling. A desire can certainly be strong enough that it feels like a need, but it is still really only a desire.

In conclusion: Try as you may to think of a boat purchase or sale as just a business deal - it's really not. It's way more personal for most people.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Eric..In amost 40 years of owning boats I have never heard it explained more eloquently. You nailed it. It is a passion that cannot be explained to most people. I believe it applies even more so to those of us that own old, classic Hatts. All I can say is I wish you lived/worked out here in Southern California because I would give you the listing on our boat in a heartbeat. You get it......Ross