Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

60 or 65 foot Hatt wanted

Iam thinking about a 60 or 65 foot Hatt EB,SF anyone with any info on them?

Re: 60 or 65 foot Hatt wanted

Plenty of info. many have been kept up. many have not. What are the specifics you are looking for?

Condition, power, interior, price?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

as far as power goes big cats or detroits rather have wood inside . we plan on living on it and going way south in the winter . price (chuckles) as cheap as posable up to $200,000

If you want to stay at or under 200K then look at the 60EB. In that price range you can get a decent older 60C. You won't be able to get anything with Cats in it unless it was a repower. All the 60EB came with 12V71TI's ranging from 650HP-870HP. There are a few out there that have been repowered with 12V92's and MANs. A decent 65EB will be well above your budget. There have been a few recent sales in the low and mid 200s but they've been boats that needed serious work, typically more than the purchase price. If you're patient and look hard, deals do pop up. That's how I got mine.
    Jack Sardina

Are you going to fish it? I love the 60 and 65 eb but as a livaboard if your not fishing there may be better choices. Jack has one of the nicest 65s I've seen in a while and it is a huge boat but think about your abilities to climb ladders and lots of steps. I try to be honest with my customers. What they think they want is often not what they need.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Are you going to fish it? I love the 60 and 65 eb but as a livaboard if your not fishing there may be better choices. Jack has one of the nicest 65s I've seen in a while and it is a huge boat but think about your abilities to climb ladders and lots of steps. I try to be honest with my customers. What they think they want is often not what they need.
    Very true. The cabin layout is great for a liveaboard but the climb to the bridge is significant compared to a MY.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    Very true. The cabin layout is great for a liveaboard but the climb to the bridge is significant compared to a MY.
    Oh no what ever I buy will be fished hard from Maine to panama

Then a 60EB or a 65EB would be a good choice to serve as a liveaboard and a SF. You might also look at a 58EB. Not as popular but much cheaper than a 65EB and much more modern than the 60EB. Downside is a 5'11" draft but they can be had relatively cheap.
    Jack Sardina

We've been living aboard our 60 EB for 11 years and it is a great boat to live on. Also lots of long range cruising to Mexico and the Channel Islands. Very comfortable boat for both missions. Ross

Thanks guy for all the info it has helped me Iam just waiting now for the right boat to present it's self. I know I capped at $200,000 I can go higher but Iam just cheap, fruggel or what ever you whish to call it but I just hate to spend my money. Iam 55 been rtierd for 2 years now and loving it. I don't miss working like an animal any more. I just whant to play now