Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: a couple of ?'s

a couple of ?'s

the stanless basket in side the sea strainers any one got a good sorce?

the hatches in the cockpit seem to rattle after inspection gaskets gone in some spots wan t to replace all what about a sorce sams did not have them (a common name may be D gasket solid)

still looking for a manual pair of teaser reels 10 inch size Took spell bounds advice it was grate just can not pull the triger on 6000 for a pair (i know Tobie they are the best and i would love them but better wait a year) yours look tired want to sell them?

Went to the Morehead city yacht Basin for fuel on Saturday met a 50+ MY the last part of the name was DAY it turned in the Basin for fuel what a good looking boat started to call but it called the yacht basin and just did not get back. It was a looker

Want to install a latter . I have seen a latter which fits into the transom door with two ss fittings in the floor what about a source guys looked and unable to find one.

thats it Tim

Re: a couple of ?'s

You can buy direct from groco for strainer baskets or perko. Try these guys for unusual hatch gaskets. http://www.hatchmasters.com/index.php?cPath=207. Or taco makes a variety also.

Tim, locally Barbours keeps a very complete stock of Perko strainers and accessories at good prices. ACE has all the Groco stuff. Sometimes Sonny has them over at JB but usually just the whole assembly. Rusty Ron's/Island Marine over in the MHC industrial park has a bunch of different ladder styles.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

When I needed new stainless strainers I was told by Groco that only the plastic were available from them so that is what I went with.
    That ended up being a mistake as the stainless ones had a metal handle that the lid would push against to keep the basket seated.
    The new ones have a flexible plastic handle that pushes against the lid to keep the strainer seated. They only last about a month before they crack.
    I contacted Groco about the issue and they sent me new ones. That did not help at all as they also cracked in a very short time.
    The overall length of the plastic ones is about 1/2'' longer than the metal ones so the plastic handle flexes quite a bit when tightening the lid. Groco states that it is correct as that flex keeps the strainer seated.
    Seems like a very poor design to me.
    Stick with the stainless if you can find them.
    Jerry

I went with the Windline ladder mostly because the mount looked least likely to snag and/or cut a line on a wired fish..
    https://windline.com/index.php?act=viewdetails&mod=63

I bough my strainers through Lewis

You can get much cheaper electric reels that will do the job. The Miya 700 and some others can be had $500-$1000
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son