Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

SENTRY 32V. 30A. FR Series charger For Sale

Since I have shifted to the use of AGM batteries (32 volt system) in my 53’ HATTERAS FBMY, am selling my SENTRY/CRUISAIR 32V. 30A (3 Outlet ) FR Series charger (suitable for Lead Acid/Gel batteries) which was manufactured in the year 2000.Unit is in good shape and includes Operation Manual. Replacement parts are available from a number of sources, if needed.
    If you check prices for a new unit, I’m asking $400 plus shipping.
    Nick Clesceri

Re: SENTRY 32V. 30A. FR Series charger For Sale

That charger can charge AGMs too.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

I'm interested in learning more about your transition to AGM.

Which batteries, cost, where you installed them and performance.

Also interested in the charger. I have a Heart inverter that does my daily charging but it has a safety that kicks it off below a certain voltage and my OEM Sentry isnt working. I like the tought of having a spar.
    Shawn
    58 MY

My original three-bank Sentron 12 v charger has been happily running AGM batteries for three years now. I did have to adjust the float voltage a bit to the recommended value.

I believe mine are American Battery, two banks of two 8D, one single 8 something for the generator start. I don't work them very hard, inverter at night for the refrigerator and a few circuits. This year we have either been plugged in or on the generator. The charger is on constantly.
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

Quote Originally Posted by sandspur1966 View Post

Also interested in the charger. I have a Heart inverter that does my daily charging but it has a safety that kicks it off below a certain voltage and my OEM Sentry isnt working. I like the tought of having a spar.
    The Sentry's are field repairable. Most factory authorized CruiseAir / Dometic techs can fix them.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

Quote Originally Posted by sandspur1966 View Post

Hi Shawn: I didn't see this first message from you. Just tell me if you want to discuss this by telephone.

Please send a PM.
    Nick
    Nick Clesceri

PM sent.