Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Removal of 20KW Kohler Generator

Thanks. It seems to me in reading the posts that simply carrying it from the deck to the floating dock is not an option so some sort of device will be needed. I do not have a davit, the aft deck is closed and I would prefer not to remove a window if possible. Hence, I am am now in search of a suitable location to work with a stinger, a crane or a forklift. The last thing I want to do is to pay almost 20K for a generator and then do damage to the boat in the process.

On my 61' CPMY both gens were replaced. They cut an access in the galley roof. One piece out / one piece in. Then refiberglass the panel back in from the inside and new headliner. Fair and repaint. Done. .........Pat

One last thought. Would the block be able to be carried by hand if, after removal of the rear end, the block was cut in half somehow? I just do not know how much it weighs. I believe the block is a Perkins 4-108.

Speaking of cutting galley overhead, I was toying with that idea all summer with the thought of redoing the galley, appliances, & adding a laundry center. It sure seems a lot easier to open up the top then closing it back than all the hassels involved moving thru the rest of the boat!

Bertram motoryachts come with a panel in the cabin top from the factory.

K