Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Hardwood Floors and Galley pics

I need seven Hatteras stainless cabinet pulls. Anyone have some extras or know where they can be found?
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Oh I forgot, the flooring is solid 3/4" Russian Walnut, also called Acacia according to the salesman but everything is called Acacia these days. The color is hard to photograph but it matches the Afromosia quite well. It's available in Dalton Ga in various widths for under $5 per foot. I bought enough for the whole vessel.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Looks great I think the first picture your son was just getting the feel of the floor
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

That came out really nice. I still haven't decided what to do with my decks but this gives me another idea to think about. Thanks for sharing that.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by davidwigler View Post
    Seriously, first we removed the vinyl in the galley, carpet in the salon and parquet in the pilot house.
    Do you still have the parquet flooring you removed? Am looking for about 40 sq ft of haddon hall parquet.

Hi All,

David, your son in the car is so funny, LMAO. Reminded me of my son at that age, hammer in hand and all. My sons 26 now with 2 kids of his own.

Oh, ya, by the way, beeeauuutiiiifullllll job. If you have any extra time on your hands could you drop by and do my salon.....?
    Last edited by lumina; 02-23-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four

The parquet was well worn to begin with and comes up in little pieces. You don't want used parquet. If you just need a few pieces for a repair I would be happy to send some to you but most of it has been thrown out already.

This weekend we installed the veneered plywood to the back of the new cabinets. I'll stain it with gunstock and then figure out what type of gloss finish best matches the rest of the boat. Here are some pics of the latest construction:
    Attached Images

The first photo is my Friend and cabinetmaker D. Scot Williams in his shop in Knoxville.

http://www.dscotwilliams.com/Site/Home.html

The second photo shows the cedar canoe he is building. Beautiful.

Looks great. Did you go with Aformosa plywood veneer for the backing?