Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A/C Sump

A/C Sump

In our boat (1982 50C) we have an A/C sump in the front middle of the engine room walkway between the engines. There are 2 a/c drain hoses that are in there and they come from teh port and Starboard side statrooms and just hang in there. But int the sides and back of this sump there are holes that appear to be a drain from somwhere that I can not figure out where from. These drains are diry as can be and I need to get them cleaned out, but I need to spray some water from somewhere into them and I need some suggestion as to find where they come from. Please let me know what yall hink as to where they come from. I can't find anyting in the manual.
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website

Re: A/C Sump

No Ideas? I have looked through every blueprint and there is nothing about these drains. They are draining some oily water into my A/C sump and I can't leave it on Auto. I need to get it cleaned out so I can stop having to maintain it manually.
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website