Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 186 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

It's broiling hot in the tent. Working with unfinished plywood in this heat and humidity is a real challenge because sweat runs down my arms like a river, then from my hands to the wood. I'm having to quit by early afternoon because it's just too danged hot. That said, I'm still getting things done...and now I've almost got a place to put a mattress in the V-berth.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Wrapping Up the V-berth Bed Foundation

Cheers,
    Q

It's roasting in the tent, but I got the bed foundation panels insulated on the backside, installed, and then I coated the top with a heavy coat of white-tinted epoxy. It turned out pretty good!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Insulating and Final Install of the V-berth Bed Foundation

Cheers,
    Q

Can't believe you were out there today. It's sick hot. We're supposed to get some relief Monday, for most of next week, if you believe the weather forecasters.

My blog isn't in real-time. I take pix as I'm doing stuff, then post when I have time. I wrapped the bed foundation up last week. But it's gonna be brutal today. Sweat stains on raw mahogany are bad, so I think I'll be knocking off by 1pm or so.

Have you thought about who will make the mattress for you? I have a custom one for my Vberth that is very comfortable. I think it was done in Tidewater and shipped to me. I can try to find the receipts for it if you like. It's been a few years now.

What goes in the areas between the lower margin of the wall panels and the bed foundation?

Hey Jim,

The Original Mattress Factory in Virginia Beach is going to make our mattress for our center line "queen" in the aft stateroom since it is not an actual queen size. Is this who you were referring to?

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

Yes, I think that's the company. They did a nice job on my boat, considering the shape is sort of trapezoidal.

I can't remember who I used for the V-berth mattress in my 42' Commander, but it was just 6" foam and very comfortable. I'll check out that place in Va. Beach.

Jim, on what will fill the gap between the bed foundation and the curvy walls, that's coming up. Basically, I'll have plywood panels perpendicular to the bed foundation that will eventually be covered in padded headliner material with a mahogany fiddle at the top transitioning to a small shelf in the same ribbon stripe as the curvy walls. But first, I need to get the cabinetry on either end of those pieces in place. Speaking of which...

I've been slaving away in the brutal summer heat, but I'm slowing making progress. When I step outside of the tent even on a 95° day, it feels cool! I'm having problems with sweat running down my arms and staining the wood, so when it gets that hot I just call it a day. The V-berth cabinet door openings are turning out quite nicely in spite of the heat.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The V-berth Closet

Cheers
    Q

I cut and fitted the mahogany plywood panel for the closet, then finished fitting the solid mahogany door opening pieces. All these angles made that a lot tougher job than it needed to be. I'll be glad when this is done.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: More On the V-berth Closet

Cheers,
    Q