Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 186 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

it is beautiful!!!

Looks amazing. Can't wait to see the entire interior. I'd pay for that tour.

Thanks guys!

This isn't directly related to my boat refit, but it's one of many things that's happened this year that contributes to the boat not splashing.

The transmission went out in my truck late last year. $3500 later, the tranny was working fine, but a month later the engine started sounding like it was coming apart. We barely made it home, and a compression test revealed low compression. Codes indicated bad catalytic converters. Dents on the exhaust pipe indicated the tranny shop had beaten hard on the exhaust, which might have caused the cats to fracture and come apart, blocking the exhaust system and sending ceramic particles up into the cylinders. With new cats in, the truck ran OK but still had low compression on a few cylinders. But recently I tested it again and found the compression was restored! 190~200psi in all cylinders! Here's hoping the magic that fixed the truck gets sprinkled on the boat. It'd be good to have things go my way after some of the unfortunate things that have happened over the years to delay the project.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: My Life WAS An Old-School Country Western Song

Cheers
    Q

Back to boat stuff...

I got the starboard V-berth panel installed! WOOHOO!!

Those two curved panels were the biggest interior challenge I've knocked out so far. I am sooooo glad to be done with them. It's starting to look like a boat interior again!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing the Starboard V-berth Mahogany Wall Panel

Cheers,
    Q

Almost a 1,000 replays. Has to be a record?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I'm goin' as fast as I can, dude!!! lol

With those PITA curvy V-berth walls finally installed, the rest of the cabinetry in that room is coming together relatively quickly. It's looking more and more like a motor yacht interior with each passing weekend.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Fitting the V-berth Cabinets

Cheers,
    Q

I finished fitting the panels, cut the top cabinet panel, and then started doing the final preparation for installation. With sticky epoxy everywhere, it's best to just leave the area and come back when it cures.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: More V-berth Cabinetry

Cheers,
    Q

I've been learning more about making cabinets. I think I've got the process finally worked out, but it's challenging stuff. It doesn't help that I'm using epoxy and even on mild days the temperature in the tent is way above 100°F. Getting all the pieces wetted out and put together before the epoxy kicks isn't easy. But so far it's going pretty good.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: V-berth Cabinetry Storage Boxes

Cheers,
    Q

What is the pot life on the ICA poly?