Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 186 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Sort of, SEVEN...it's Tiger Foam spray foam insulation. I wrote about it in this article.

Boatsb, there are all sorts of high temp coatings, but since I was using this to coat three layers of blanket and wrap insulation (so, mostly not very high temp at all) I went with this stuff on ebay. It was probably overkill. Since I'm not using it, I should post it to my For Sale page, I reckon.

My painter has been too busy to spray the mahogany v-berth bulkhead panel, so I rearranged the aft stateroom and its en suite head and started cutting the mahogany panels that surround all of the portholes back there. It's looking pretty good!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer Refit: Aft Head Mahogany Wall Panels

Cheers,
    Q

I got busy cutting more porthole surround panels over the weekend. This is a crucial step, since I can't install the portholes until these panels are cut, clear coated, insulated and sealed on the backside, then finally installed. One great thing about getting back into the woodworking side of things is that the stack of plywood in the salon is shrinking, which kind of works like a progress-o-meter. When the stack's gone, the job should almost be done. I just wish it would go a bit faster...

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Aft Stateroom Porthole Surround Panels II

Cheers
    Q

Don't forget what's hiding under the ugly, dust-covered cardboard:

Your woodwork is outstanding.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thanks!

Like I said, this boat is going to be a showpiece when she's done. It will be the best one on the planet. Maybe even in the entire Solar System.

Just the solar system? Dang...tough crowd. I was shootin' for best in the universe.

You'll get there....

You have to do a video and put it on Utube. The world needs to see this.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

All in due time...which I wish would get here faster.

The transom porthole surround panels have been on my mind for a while, since they're the foundation for all of the cabinetry in the aft stateroom. My concept drawings didn't go into detail on the transom because at the time I didn't know where the fuel fills would be. Chris Craft left the fuel fill pipes exposed, but I want to box mine in. So I just kinda worked with the plan in my head and started cutting panels. I have to say, it didn't turn out too bad.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Aft Stateroom Porthole Surround Panels III

Cheers,
    Q