Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 186 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

My latest article is about priming the decks. This is another one of those big moments I've been waiting for since 2008. It's been multi-colored since we sandblasted, so getting it back to one color (even if it's primer) is a great thing.

Check it out: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Priming the Decks

Cheers,
    Q

My latest blog is a big one...

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Prepping and Priming the Aft Enclosure

That Awl Grip Max Cor aluminum primer is one funky color...and the smell!

But with the aft deck primed, we're very close to doing the final prime coat. Then it's seven "paint days" to do the shiny AwlCraft 2000 from the top to the boot stripe.

Cheers
    Q

My latest blog covers work from last weekend -- fillets & final touches on the aft deck enclosure.

In one or two more weekends, we should be ready to start painting "the shiny"

Cheers,

Q

After five long years, we've finally got Awl Grip 545 primer on the cabin top all the way back to the dashboard.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Final Priming with Awl Grip 545!

Cheers,
    Q

Been out of the country for a couple of weeks, so the refit ground to a brief halt. Last weekend I'd shaken off enough of the jet-lag hangover to get to the boatyard and get some work/play done.

Anyway, the African Mahogany toe rail is installed now and it's got fillets all around. Next up is shiny clear coat, then a teensy bit of primer on the fillets...then, painting the topsides! Unless something unexpected happens, we should start the final painting in two weekends.

Check out the full story at 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing the Mahogany Toe Rail

Cheers,
    Q

After a brief delay, we got shiny Imron MS1 on the toe/cap rail!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: “Shiny” on the Toe Rail

I'm all giddy!

Cheers,
    Q

I don't know how the weather is where you are, but late spring and summer 2013 in the Mid-Atlantic can be summed up in one word: thunderstorms.

And one or two of those storms made my tent collapse!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Tent Collapse!

It was easy enough to repair and no damage was done to the boat. But I cannot wait to get this thing splashed. We're getting closer every day. If we can keep to the schedule, we plan to spray shiny Awlcraft 2000 on the cabin top this Saturday.

Cheers,
    Q

Today's article is on priming the deck for the last time. I also threw in some CAD sketches of the non-skid.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Final Sanding and Primer on the decks

Cheers,
    Q

I came up with a few alternate designs for the non-skid based on comments I've received. Check them out and vote for your favorite at 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Cast Your Vote for the Non-skid Layout

Cheers,
    Q

The latest article on my Roamer 46 refit is a bit of a rant about the way one contractor falling off schedule early on can have ripple effects that go on (for what feels like) forever, significantly adding to both the completion time and the cost of a big project like this. The article ends, though, with pix of the decks primed in Awl Grip 545 -- the final prime coat before we start painting the topsides!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Butterfly Effect

Cheers,

Q