Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 186 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

It looks like those filters are pretty thin with tight cells the air has to go through. The stuff we're using is 1.5~2" thick, and it's mostly empty space with lots of fibers to catch particles. The airflow through it doesn't slow down until the filter gets pretty clogged up. How's your airflow?

Air flow was good never got foggy in side and the paint pulled through the two top ones and I had some color in the hose and on the one in front of the fan.
    I did change the fan after the first shoot with one that looked just like yours it was a monster fan weighed like one also my guess close to 100 lbs. The big shoot I use my fresh air and the smaller shoots I used a respirator.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Yeah, those fume extractors move some air. I just wish it could suck all the heat out of the tent!

I got back to work in the V-berth head and made a fiberglassed hole in the floor for a shower drain. Unfortunately, we're ramping up for a week of nasty heat and humidity, so I'm not even going to bother making the trip to the boatyard. There's some stuff I can do at home, though, so progress will continue.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Back to the V-berth Head (AKA the Throne Room)

Cheers,
    Q

Nice. What kind of shower sump arrangement are you using? A friend swears by Whale gusher shower pumps. I have not used them myself, my boat has the old arrangement, a roofless sump with a Rule bilge pump in it.

I have no idea. It's not mission critical, so I haven't thought about it all that much. I've always used Jabsco diaphragm pumps, but cleaning the filter I have to use with those is nasty business. Does your Rule pump get sludged up very often?

No it doesn't. I have replaced it at least once- but I've owned this boat for over twenty-five years.

That's what I'm talkin' about! I'll have to look into that.

But in the meantime, man....the heat and humidity is killin' me. But the V-berth head panel work is finally done. Surprisingly, given that I'm a woodworking noob who's just kind of guessing with all of this, it turned out pretty good!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Throne Room Door Opening

Cheers,
    Q

I used the Gulper pump no strainer just put it in line passes hair never has clogged and no mess to clean in the past 15 years. Only down side is it a sucking sound inside the shower but you get use to it and I put the switch in the shower so its easy to turn off.

Whale Gulper 220 Shower Drain and Waste Water Pump
    http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...8gwaAhaz8P8HAQ
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

I think this might be what Jon Brein is using on his 43 MY refit. If it is, he says they work very well.

That is also very good to know. I just had to clean out the filter for my Jabsco...not a pleasant task.