Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 186 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Thanks!
    I got distracted this weekend by a guy in the Philippines who allegedly wants to buy the rebuilt Lehmans I've got. It'll be nice to get them out of my garage, but it takes some effort to get them set up for a video.
    Cheers,
    Q

Yeah... watch out on that one, Quentin. Ask me sometime about my experience with folks over there.

Now, to be fair, I sold my Caterpillar 3116s to a British guy in the Caymans who wanted them, but I got paid up front and he arranged all the shipping etc. I'd be REAL careful on that one, engines going to the Philippines, oh, boy, would I......

Thanks for the heads-up, Jim. That's good to know.

The same broker who handled my Cummins transaction is representing Lehmans. I'll make sure the deal is cash up front and 100% shipping on him.

I've posted a new article from our work last weekend fairing the cabin top and transforming the tent to a paint shed: http://1969chriscraftroamer46.wordpr...the-cabin-top/

Cheers,
    Q

Between the weather and the fairing compound, it's been a very busy two weeks.

I've posted a new article on my 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: more fairing the cabin top.

Cheers,
    Q

The helm station door openings got done over the last weekend, which is an enormous step toward getting the boat in primer and then paint. We're hoping to have AwlCraft 2000 Matterhorn White on the boat by the end of May.

http://1969chriscraftroamer46.wordpr...door-openings/

One step closer to primer...

We finished up the fillets all around the exterior. It takes a surprising amount of time to do fillets. We spent a whole day on them. Check out the latest article and pix on my blog -- 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Fillets!

The latest update on my 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit blog covers transforming the tent, helm door openings and more fillets.

This thing should be in primer in a few weeks.

Cheers,
    Q

My latest blog article covers completion of the tent transformation from a winter work tent that survived Hurricane Sandy to a springtime paint shed.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Tent Model IX Transformation Complete

I'll be posting more articles of work done over the last two weeks over the next few days.

Cheers,
    Q

We're getting very close to priming. Check out the latest blog post on my 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Helm Door Openings, Rounds, & Fillets .

Cheers,
    Q