Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 186 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Thanks Jim. That's good to know.

I got the Cummins parts and engine room steps painted with Devoe 235 epoxy, then I partially installed the ER steps and got the cooling system parts installed. I'll weld the ER steps in soon. The (presumably) OE hoses for the cooling system used a straight heater hose even though they take a hard 90° corner near the connection to the circulating pump. That was probably fine when the hose was new, but with repeated heat cycles the hose had collapsed at the bend. I found a molded hose that fit almost perfectly...just needed to trim 3" off the long, straight leg.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer Refit: Installing Cleaned Up Cummins Parts

Cheers,
    Q

Since I found a new supplier for Devoe 235 epoxy, that pile of parts that was awaiting coating is finally getting smaller as parts go back on the boat. I got the aftercoolers reassembled, and saved some money by buying generic o-rings for the end caps instead of going with OE ones...$4.88 for generic vs $77 for Cummins! So now the intake side of the engines are done. All I've got left is to complete the fuel system, hook up the electrics, and finish the exhaust. No problem, right?

1969 Chris Craft Roamer Refit: Reassembling the Aftercoolers

Cheers,
    Q

To splash in 2016 I need to seal up the exterior, and that means I have to install all the portholes. Before I can do that, I've got to install all of the plywood surrounding each porthole. The aft stateroom should be relatively easy, but the V-berth will be a challenge because of all the curves at the front of the hull. The head in the V-berth will be the most challenging of all, so that's what I decided to tackle first.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 49 Refit: The V-berth Head

Cheers,
    Q

I got the ceiling wiring done in the V-berth head, then cut and fitted the 1/4" marine ply ceiling panels. I should be able to knock out the rest of the wood work here over the next weekend or two, then we'll move on to fiberglass, fairing, fillets, and paint.
    Booya

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 49 Refit: The V-berth Head Ceiling

Cheers,
    Q

The V-berth head (AKA the throne room) is coming along nicely. Insulating the back of each interior panel adds a lot of time to each one, but I think it'll be worth it. A warm missus is a happy missus.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The V-berth “Throne Room”

Cheers,
    Q

Usual top-quality work, Quentin! Hurry up so you can work on my boat next.

What software are you modeling with, may I ask?

Shouldn't that bucket be orange? :-)

DAN

Thanks, Dan.

I think maybe it should be gold plated, the way this is turning out.

I'm using Sketchup Make: https://www.sketchup.com/products/sketchup-make
    If you decide to install it, be prepared to spend the entire weekend goofing around making stuff. lol

The V-berth head (AKA the throne room) is coming together nicely. Another day or two on cabinetry, and we'll be ready to start the fiberglassing, fairing, priming, and painting. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm doing all this now--including ordering new toilets--so I can put the portholes in. No toilet, no splash in 2016.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The V-berth “Throne Room” II

Cheers,
    Q

New definition of Royal Flush.