Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 186 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Joshbot...pathetic.

Well, the work has begun to repair the damage from the big Nor'easter. Unfortunately, the insurance company is already starting to play dirty. Last time (after the big burglary in 2014), they didn't get nasty until the end. This time, they've got the surveyor telling me the labor estimate is high by 60%. When I told that to the estimator, he blew up and got mad at me! It took 10 minutes of talking before he finally understood I was simply relaying what the surveyor had said. So now, just like before, I'm spending a ton of time going back through old records to demonstrate that the surveyor is full of it and that he previously concurred on comparable labor hours for repairs from the burglary. What a buncha lyin' pieces of.....!

Anyway, I've also made more progress weatherproofing the boat. The starboard engine room vent panel is now installed. Booya.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing the Starboard Engine Room Main Vent Panel

Cheers
    Q

I thought I'd wrapped up the exterior paint work in 2013, when the boat was first painted. Then I thought I'd wrapped it up again in 2015, after the big burglary repair. Yet here we are again in 2018 once again in full bodywork and paint mode. Two steps forward, one step back... I'll do a series of articles on the repair once it's all done.

In the meantime, the original electric panel is turning out very nicely, if I do say so myself.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Refurbing the Original Electric Panel

Cheers,
    Q

Before

After

I used brown colorant in that thick US Composites epoxy to finish the backside of the electric panel. That 150 series epoxy has a 1:1 resin to hardener ratio, and its even cheaper than their regular 635 series epoxy. But I've learned that you can only use it in the summer. If temps go below 65° or so, the stuff is so viscous that bubbles won't float up and pop at the top. Below 50°, good luck mixing it at all. But above 80°, which is a daily thing in the tent during the summer, it mixes well and flows out very nicely. One heavy coat and you're done. It cures hard in less than 24 hours when it's warm, too. So parts are ready to be handled if I come back the next day.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Refurbing the Original Electric Panel II

Cheers,
    Q

Before

After

Unbelievable what you do with wood, stain and varnish. I’m in awh if you sir.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thanks! But it was only epoxy and colorant!

Repairs from the Nor'easter damage are continuing, and while that's being done I got a ceiling panel installed inside the starboard salon cabinetry.
    "Progress"

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Cutting and Fitting More Starboard Salon Plywood Panels

Cheers,
    Q

I am spending waaaaay too much time with my head stuck inside cabinetry. Fortunately, I'm not claustrophobic! I've been working on the last salon bilge vent duct, and it's turning out pretty good. Not a particularly exciting post, but it's all 'progress.'

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Starboard Salon Aft Bilge Vent Duct

Cheers,
    Q

Quentin: you rock!

I’ve been away from the forum for a while, and it’s great to see you powering forward still—excellent work!

And with 1,135 responses to 1,240 for Big Chill, you will soon overtake Bill’s record in replies and your views now doubled.

Since he is a fellow Roamer owner (last I heard living in a cabin but still had Heart of Glass) must be something in the blood.

Both of you really contribute to the forum’s value—big thanks!

DAN
    Last edited by drburke; 06-21-2018 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Info

Thanks Dan!

Another way to look at it is that the number of posts is a measure of a certain type of lunacy!

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    Thanks Dan!

Another way to look at it is that the number of posts is a measure of a certain type of lunacy!

This is true some say I have that problem also but I think you are King

Now get back to work
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Dan, you definitely have the same problem. Your classic EOTL rebuild was inspiring!

DAN