Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 186 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

The salon forward cabinet turned out just as nice as the aft one did. And the plywood pile keeps getting smaller.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing Varnished Mahogany Panels in the Forward Salon Cabinet

Cheers,
    Q

Before

After

I got all of the varnished mahogany panels installed in the galley interior. It turned out pretty good, but there were so many pieces I had to break the install up over two days.

"Progress"

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing Varnished Mahogany Panels in the Galley Cabinet

Cheers,
    Q

Before

After

I got the mahogany panels installed in the aft salon cabinet. That turned out really nice. Two down, one more to go.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing More Varnished Mahogany Panels in the Aft Salon Cabinet

Cheers,
    Q

Before

After

And another one down, and another one down, another cabinet's done!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing the Last Varnished Mahogany Panels in the Forward Salon Cabinet

Cheers,
    Q

Before

After

She is taking shape.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

The electrical panel is coming out? Now this ought to be interesting. Who is building the new one? Very curious.

Thanks SEVEN!

I'm doing the electrical panel, Jim. I considered replacing it and going with new, but like many other things on this boat, the original stuff reflects that the boat was only used for 13 years or so. Everything is in surprisingly good condition. I also prefer the original meters to new stuff.

Also, I was finally able to get an estimator to come out and look at the storm damage. He's supposed to get the estimate to me early next week, but he thinks it's going to come in around $20k. Geesh.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Removing the Original Electric Panel

Cheers,
    Q

The original bilge pump switches and panels cleaned up really nicely.

With that electrical panel out of the way, it was a lot easier to uninstall the ER vent panels that I installed a few years ago. I only coated the plywood with epoxy, but it was an especially thick version that didn't soak in very well. Cracks in the veneer ended up telegraphing through the epoxy. So I sanded it down, wetted it out with the usual, thin epoxy, and tossed on a layer of fiberglass cloth to bridge all of the cracks. I also added some length to the panel so it doesn't stop right at the salon floor. Instead, it'll go all the way into the engine room. Any water that comes in through the vent will end up in the bilge rather than messing with the salon floor.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Starboard Engine Room Vent Panel

Cheers,
    Q

I keep hearing from the mobile paint and fiberglass repair guy that the estimate for repairs from the storm damage months ago is on the way. Yeah...check's in the mail. And like the proverbial check in the mail, I still haven't seen the danged estimate.

So I got busy on the forward salon bilge vent duct. It looked pretty good initially, but on closer inspection I decided to dig into it...and I'm very glad I did. I ended up fiberglassing the OE duct since it was still fairly solid. That gave me a chance to do some fillet work again, which always makes me happy. All told, it turned out much better than what Chris Craft did originally.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Starboard Salon Bilge Vent Duct

Cheers,
    Q

Before

After

I got that vent duct all sealed up and installed the insulated panel next to it. I realize that's not as exciting as new engines or cabinetry, but it's essential for getting the boat out of the tent one day. Booyah.

I also finally got the estimate for repairs of the damage from the big Nor'easter a couple months go. The bill comes to $23k...and $1,000 of that was taxes!!!

We'll see what the insurance company says.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing the Starboard Salon Bilge Vent Duct

Cheers,
    Q