Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 186 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Between the super cold winter and my truck STILL being on the fritz, things haven't been progressing as quickly as I'd like. But I did get the pantry panels varnished, and pantry #1 is pretty close to being installed. It's turning out pretty nice.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing the Pantry Panels

Cheers,
    Q

I lived on a 44 Striker in Baltimore harbor for a year. I had trouble keeping the boat warm inside, too, and it was damp as well. I think insulating it is an excellent idea. It will make the boat usable and comfortable in four seasons, instead of two..

I swear, with each insulated panel I add the boat gets warmer and stays warmer. It made a huge difference when I insulated the hull and overheads, but that additional air gap and R3 Buffalo Batt on the backside of the cabinet and walls does wonders.

So do you run a dehumidifier? I am thinking while working it could get pretty damp.
    Regards
    Dan

I haven't had to. Plenty of air comes through the various openings in the hull and windows that, with stack effect from the bazzooka kerosene heater, the air turnover keeps things nice and dry.

Cold overnight temps are slowing down my assembly process for cabinet panels. I'm having to keep the panels clamped together for 2~3 days before the epoxy sets up, and I keep running out of clamps. I don't want to buy more since the winter will be over soon, but it's definitely putting the brakes on progress.

With that said, I got another galley pantry section installed and my black water pump-out plumbing is fitted tight to the hull framing.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing More Pantry Panels

Cheers,
    Q

I got most of the last pantry section installed. With the chilly temps, epoxy just doesn't kick fast enough. But it's looking pretty good, and the missus is pleased.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing Still More Pantry Panels

Cheers
    Q

Somebody's kid keeps flipping the Season switch from Winter to Spring and back again. I suppose that's better than just being in deep winter, when the epoxy doesn't kick at all.

Anyway, I got another insulated panel cut, fitted, and installed. "Progress"

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Cutting and Fitting Salon Plywood Panels

Cheers,
    Q

Quentin

Are you leaving any heat source on I usually leave some halogen lights on either 500 or 250 watt sometimes one of each. Close but not to close and monitor for 2 -3 hrs before I leave you get a good feel of where to place them and make sure its stable and nothing will fall near them it makes a huge difference.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Dan, I don't leave any heat sources on. There's only 20 amp service in the yard, IIRC, and it sucks when people leave stuff on. I've had days when I can't run my big dust collector and table saw at the same time because there's just not enough juice. Plus, there are still quite a few openings I need to button up before she'll hold any heat inside.

That said, it looks like spring has sprung. Hopefully, the epoxy will start curing faster than it has the last month or so during the nasty, cold winter. I got one toe rail duct to the engine room cut and dry-fitted, then slathered all sides of the panels with epoxy. The duct mostly moves air, but water can also get into the duct, so I've got to make sure the wood I use here is fully sealed.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Cutting and Fitting a Toe Rail Vent Duct

Cheers,
    Q