Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 186 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Santa came a day or two early this year...I got myself a MiniMax FS35 combo jointer/thickness planer! It's used but in very good condition, and came with a new set of 13-3/4" carbide-tipped knives. The jointer table is 59-1/2" long, which is more than 2x what I have on my Shopsmith, and--unlike the Shopsmith--the fence is perfectly true front to back with zero twist. Also 3hp in the Minimax compared to .75hp (IIRC) in the Shopsmith. This thing is going to come in very handy as I start making face frames for cabinets and other big items out of solid mahogany stock.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: A New Tool--MiniMax FS35 Jointer/Planer!

Cheers!
    Q

Booyah

I’m jealous, I have built 3 boats like you are without one. Been a real pain to have to take my stock to a local shop when I needed planeing done. That is a nice size, good luck with it, keep the blade sharp as we know hardwood is tough on them. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Thanks John!
    Yeah, I'm glad to have it. The HSS blades on my Shopsmith didn't hold an edge for long, but this machine has new carbide tipped blades. If those don't hold up, I may invest in a Shelix head. But before I start running mahogany through it, I need to do some maintenance, finish checking the table alignment, make or buy a cutter guard, and work out the dust collection. It's going to be below freezing this weekend, so I may stay home and work in the shop instead of going to the boatyard.

It's been too dang cold to go work on the boat. But I did get some more cabinetry done before the cold blast came roaring in.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: More on the Galley Pantry

Cheers,
    Q

There's been a nice little reprieve from the nasty cold spot that hit us starting in late December. I got the next set of pantry panels cut and fitted. It's slow going, but I'm still moving it in the right direction.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Still More Galley Pantry Panels

Cheers,
    Q

After weeks of deep freeze temps, it was almost spring-like last Friday and Saturday. But now we're back to sub-freezing temps and snow. I planned poorly and ran out of kerosene for my heater on the boat, but before things got too cold inside I managed to get the last of the galley pantry panels cut and fitted. Let me tell you, it's nuts how long it takes to get just a few mahogany sticks and pieces of plywood aligned so everything is square when the hull curves significantly in all three dimensions.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Last Galley Pantry Panels

Cheers,
    Q

My fancy schmancy Flagship Marine air conditioners arrived a while back, so this article is a review of those units. While overall build quality is very good, there are a few things that were done a bit sloppily, IMO. Fortunately, Flagship raised the issues with their production line, so hopefully future customers won't have to deal with work-arounds.

Also, GREAT NEWS! I finally found my other raw water inlet for my main engines! I'd lost the danged thing a year or more ago, and had about given up hope. These are straight threaded, and I had to have the threads cut on a lathe. It wouldn't have been a huge sum of money to have another one made, but I KNEW it was around somewhere. My stubbornness paid off when, during the recent Arctic blast when it was too cold to work on the boat, I organized my garage. Lo and behold...it's amazing the things you find when

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Flagship Marine Air Conditioners Have Arrived

Cheers
    Q

I haven't been posting as much lately because I've been having more problems with my truck and the shop that rebuilt the transmission, during which they also destroyed my engine. In spite of my life still reminding me of a country western song, I'm making progress on the boat. I did some veneer work on the salon entry panels. They turned out pretty nice!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Salon Entryway Panels

Cheers,
    Q

That IS gonna be a folding companionway hatch as per CC Drawing #847633-948-A right? Mine are made out of solid mahogony. I may have some extra CC chrome holder uppers; one for each side, if youre interested. ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 02-02-2018 at 10:52 AM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

The ones on my Connie and Commander were solid stock, too. But I found that sometimes the holder-upper thingies don't do their job, and getting whacked on the noggin by those solid mahogany panels is what made me think light and strong Tricel would be a terrific upgrade.

PM me about your holder-uppers.