Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    Yeah, but can you imagine the grief you'd get on the dock if you didn't keep it perfectly shiny?

I'm thinking 'never again' or 'what was I thinking?!?!'
    LOL

My brother had the old family Chris Craft 1948 33' and she was Beautiful when he had it but after the second redo due to a marina fire its name became Never Again.
    That was my suggestion and he obviously Loved it
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

I got the last of the V-berth cabinet panels around the bunk cut, dry-fitted, and varnished. It was tricky because I need to be able to remove the shelf and walls for maintenance access, so I ended up using friction fit rabbets that the wall panels slide into. Moldings with pins will lock it all in place, but it's a tight enough fit that there won't be any rattling when under way.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: More V-berth Cabinetry

Cheers,
    Q

I did the last of the prep work on the V-berth bed foundation panels. It's not especially glamorous sealing and insulating the back-side of cabinet panels, but it's got to be done. Once the epoxy cures, I can install all of these panels and get the V-berth that much closer to done.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Final Prep on the V-berth Bed Foundation Panels

Cheers,
    Q

Recommendation on most durable outdoor gloss finish on teak or mahogany? I have to refinish the exterior teak on my boat.

Awlwood.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I've heard good things about Awlwood, but I'm using DuPont MS1. The Weaver boats use this, too, and they go to Florida for 5 years without needing recoats.

Do you know if you can put Awlwood or Dupont MS1 clear coat over existing varnish? I used to do this with a 2 part clear coat made by Signature Finish (part of their Honey Teak product line) with good results. Getting ready to add some extra coats of West Marine High Gloss to rails (upkeep) and thinking of adding one of these clear coats when done.

Without testing the specific products first, I wouldn't hazard a guess. I recently did a test panel with ICA (the two-part interior varnish we're using) over various hardware store coatings. They all turned to alligator skin once the spray hits them.

where did you source all that amazing plywood?

Thanks!

The ribbon-stripe in the V-berth were leftover panels from a sportfish build over at Weaver Boatworks. The rest (rotary sawn) I bought from Boulter Plywood back in 2013 or so.