Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 186 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

I spent the better part of a day making one molding for the V-berth. It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. But at this rate, this boat's never gonna get done. lol

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: V-berth Cabinetry Corner Molding

Cheers
    Q

While building out the V-berth, I've been thinking about how I'll do the air conditioning in the area. I realized the plan I had before wouldn't work, so I'll be putting a self-contained marine AC unit in the "desk-like structure" rather than in the closet. I'm going with Flagship. They're significantly more expensive, but their products are commercial/military grade and made in the USA. I made a shelf inside the "desk-like structure" that will support the unit. The whole thing will be hidden behind a sheet of mahogany plywood that I'll fit later.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Marine Air Conditioners

Cheers,
    Q

This is very useful to know. We had a discussion in another thread about marine AC systems to replace old CruiseAires that are failing. I think Flagship was the brand recommended on that thread, also. I'd rather pay more for a unit that is easier to service and is made here.

I got ocean breeze, and they were less expensive than Flagship. They also custom made them to my layout needed. Flagship wouldn't do any modifications, was higher on shipping, and I didn't get to talk to an engineer, just a sales guy that thought he was an expert.

Price was also lower than off-the-shelf units sold by defender/etc, so I don't understand the "they cost more" comment. My understanding is that ocean breeze used to make the units for flagship
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Right, my mistake. Ocean Breeze was the one recommended.

I didn't need any custom stuff. The quote I got back from OB was higher than Flagship's initial bid though their product appears to be similar. The pricing I listed in the blog was Flagship's second bid, but they knocked off even more in the final round.

The heat in the tent is still killing me, but I'm making progress all the same. I got the V-berth bed foundation upright panels sealed and insulated on the back-side.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Sealing and Insulating V-berth Panels

Cheers,
    Q

I took a brief break from the V-berth cabinetry to get some repairs and paintwork done with Awlgrip Matterhorn White. One of the pieces I fixed is the actuator housing for the helm center windshield that opens. It's shiny now, and I improved the robustness of the screw holes so they won't crack and break apart again. I think it turned out quite nice!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Helm Windshield Opener Cover

Cheers,
    Q

Before

After

You know, Q, I think there's a boat name in here...

"The Shiny"... or maybe just "Shiny".... I like it.

Yeah, but can you imagine the grief you'd get on the dock if you didn't keep it perfectly shiny?

I'm thinking 'never again' or 'what was I thinking?!?!'